understanding layer breaks

w33z312

I assume you have noticed the nice coloured little stars ? Obviously any green star is going to be ok for your DL burn. In fact the two I have done recently only had blue stars available and the end copy was excellent quality.....

• 4 weeks later...
I asked about SPLIP here:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=2016

% is the proportion of files on the 1st and 2nd layer.

THANKS! The confusion is that the precentage is for the WHOLE DVD not just that section!!

The PGC and Cell correspond to the same you see in IfoEdit.

I use DVD ReMake Pro instead.

SPLIP is appaently a flag than can be used but isn't always supported so it's safeer to choose no but I guess splitting at a .BUP or .IFO which contains no video data is good too?? Right?

What LU mean?

I'd actually out it on VTS_04_0.IFO as that way all of VTS 3 is on layer 0 and VTS_04 and above is on layer 1. Just prevents fuffing around a bit. No real biggie though.

Regards

So, what a LU ??

Also, I've already added a layer break while making the ISO but when I try to burn it to as a DVD it still prompts me?? Do I need to do it AGAIN??? Is it safe to check the do not alter box? Why in the heck can't it tell I already did this??? It also seems to give less choices then when I originally made the ISO.

Is there a program that can confirm one is in the ISO??

Shouldn't ImgBurn tell me if a layer breal already exists??

Can someone please tell me how I should be selecting a layer break in the "Create Layer Break" window? I'd like to understand what the padding, %, LU, SPLIP, etc is.

Thank you!

lb.jpg

I think LU stand for Language Units but I have no idea when the appear in ImgBurn but they should only exist in the menu files. You can have several menu on the same DVD and it will switch to the poper set depending on you preferred language setting on the player but it can also be changed by a simple command within any PGC.

When it appears in ImgBurn and why is still a mystery to me.

@LUK - I've never seen an LB inside a menu VOB. Doesn't mean it can't be or that it would be bad. Might be a bit weird if the LB was in a menu (eg a chapter menu) that went back and forwards across the LB (particularly if the LB was non-seamless).

Hardly a worry and maybe in some personally authored DVDs, the only place might be inside a menu. However, in all commercial DVDs, I wonder if breaking inside a menu is useful? Perhaps some sort of option to turn it off? OOTH, if it came to breaking in a menu or a movie, I'd take the menu.

Just more of my crap for thought.

Regards

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.