"Synchronize Cache Failed!" when burning CDs

bootsector

Hi again folks!

Sorry for posting another "possible" bug again, but it's the second time it happens (it's the second CD I try to Build with ImgBurn).

It looks like this problem only happens when burning CD-R's, not DVD's. I am using high quality CD-R media (HP 700MB), and I get the following message at the end of the burning process:

sync_failed.png

When that massage is displayed, the CD writer is still busy. I just have to wait its "busy led" stop flashing and click the Repeat button. If I click the Repear button while the unit is still busy, I just get the same message again. When it stops writing, I just get the following:

op_success.png

So it seems the writing process was successful! I can browse the CD on Windows Explorer and all files are there! I think ImgBurn is not waiting the CD writer to finish the writing process before trying to Synchronize the Cache, I don't know, just a guess...

Anyway, as I said before, this never happened with DVD-R's, only CD-R's. Why?

Here is the log, for further information:

http://rapidshare.de/files/31193911/ImgBurn.log.html

Keep up the great job!

Thanks in advance!

bootsector

The Sync Cache command is what finishes off the writing process!

That same sequence also seems to work just fine for 99% of the other drives the program has been tested on. Any 'fix' for it would simply be a workaround for this specific drive.

I'm curious as to what other programs do when the command errors out like that (do they not care, or do the just keep waiting and retrying automatically?) but you'd need to do some I/O snooping for that as only your drive seems to have this issue.

Well,

I guess other burning application, just like Nero, stay trying and waiting until drive become ready, so the Cache Sinchronization happens, just a thought :P

I will try to burn a CD again, but this time, I will use my DVD burner for that and see what happens.

Best regards,

bootsector

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.