DVD Audio extraction

ac427

You may be looking at the folders in a DVD and seen Audio and seperate Video folders. The video folder contains files with a .vob extension - this is the video and composite audio.

A search gave me http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/11/featured/free-audio-extractor-extract-audio-from-video.html which explains five free programs to extract audio from mpeg which is, basically what the vob (Video OBject) is.

All this has nothing to do with Imgburn but may help you achieve what you asked for!

cut and paste your vob's to someother folder. Do a rename - 'wotever_01.vob' to' chapter1.mpeg' etc then try the stripping audio program on these. Decide what format audio you want first!

• 1 month later...

Hopefully this is not too dumb a question. Is there an easy of only extracting audio rather than audio and video with Imgburn?

Is this what you were looking to do?

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/136/59/

That is funny I was just coming here to ask something similar. I have completed the few steps and created a .AC3 file but don't have the goldwave program and wanted to know if there was a way for imgburn to burn that to CD.

Only if you've got a directshow filter installed that'll convert it to the appropriate format for burning.

To be honest, I've no idea if such a thing exists - AC3 Filter might do the job though.

Failing that, just google 'AC3 to WAV' or 'AC3 to MP3' etc. Once you've got the audio in that format, it should be pretty simple - just follow the Audio CD guide.

I thought I had an AC3 file as I ripped it per the guide but instead I have a .IFO file and a .VOB file. Nothing ending in .ACE althought the text file created did mention one. Here is what it said.

0x80 - Audio - AC3 / 2ch / 48kHz / DRC / LBA: 118 / PTS: 00:00:00.229 / Delay: -66ms

0xE0 - Video - MPEG-2 / 720x480 (NTSC) / 4:3 / LBA: 1 / PTS: 00:00:00.296 / Delay: 0m

DId I miss something?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.