A CMC DVD-R That Has Lasted For 8 Years!

dbminter

I came across a Memorex DVD-R in my collection so I checked its contents. It's MID is CMC MAG. BUT, and here's the shock, the VIDEO_TS folder was dated 09-23-2004, meaning, the disc is 8 years old and is still entirely readable to an image by ImgBurn! :o

I won't argue, but isn't necessary to be burned at that date.

Could be a copy of that disc that was produced more recently and retained the original date of the files/folders. Especialy when is a copy not a rebuild.

Anyway, good that is still readable.

It was made around that date as I sometimes ;) keep extensive notes TXT's that I also include on the discs that detail what program made it, the contents, the drive it would be burned on, etc. The TXT says it was made 8 years ago, with no exact date.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Came across two Optodisc CMC DVD-R's from 8 years ago. They were from a stack that kept failing to write and verify correctly because they're CMC's. In fact, it was these discs that taught me the hard lesson that CMC is junk. Anyway, I read them to image files just now, so, it just goes to show you the variance in quality of CMC media! :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.