New Option - Clear OPC History Before Burn

Suzie22

Hello,

I would like an option to automatically clear the OPC history before each burn.

Because it makes a big difference to the results, and it currently takes 9 extra clicks to do it manually each time - and also I often forget to do it!

It would be great if I could set it to auto-clear each time, imagine all the clicks saved! Please consider adding this option.

Suzie

• 4 months later...

Thanks very much for your reply.

Sorry I have looked but I don't understand how it is possible with the currently available settings.

In the ImgBurn settings there only seems to be the option "Perform OPC Before Write" which I have selected.

I don't see any settings that would be helpful to clear the OPC history before each write.

Can you please elaborate on what I could do to achieve this?

OK thanks, I understand now.

I have read a lot about about getting the best results from custom iHAS124 firmware, including information that you provided about your own results, but I thought the consensus is that there are no 'universal' settings that work best for everybody... What works great for some people doesn't always work best for others, despite the same exact settings.

I have done a LOT of tests with my own iHAS124 drive, checking KProbe results with a large variety of setting combinations, and finally reached the conclusion that clearing the OPC before every burn provides virtually perfect results every single time, whereas not clearing it doesn't work reliably - for me. Also I have seen other people say the same thing about their own KProbe results, I don't think it's just my drive that benefits from an OPC clear before each burn :)

So it would be nice to have an option to save 9 clicks before every burn, which would also prevent the times when I forget to clear it and end up with an unsatisfactory burn.

With a decent iHAS (or clone) drive and decent discs (even Verbs have bad spindles), there's no reason leaving ImgBurn on its default settings and simply enabling FHT on the drive wouldn't produce decent results on MKM-003-00 media at 4x. For MKM-001-00, enable overspeed on the drive too and burn at 4x (rather than the normal maximum of 2.4x).

As you know, I have done loads of testing on loads of drives and what I've said above has always done the trick.

People get waaaaay too caught up in all the other rubbish people try and pedal around on various forums. Some random person (who knows next to nothing) makes a comment and suddenly it's THE truth. Yeah right!

The software basically plays no part in the burn beyond sending it the data. It's no different to me telling you to write 'Hello' on a bit of paper. How you write it (capitals, size, colour etc) is down to you. The drive/firmware/media combo are what determine if you'll get a good burn or not. Burning is an internal drive process - that's why new firmware releases come out to improve things. You'll never see a software update saying it's improved burn quality.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.