Two additions to the Information tab in the Build mode

DOSforever

In the Build mode, on the Information tab, add two lines preceded by check boxes. If the first box is checked, ImgBurn would examine all of the selected files and folders and display the number of file/folder names that will be truncated based on the current ImgBurn settings. If the second box is checked, ImgBurn would examine all of the selected files and folders and display the number of file/folder names that contain Unicode characters that will not be properly written based on the current ImgBurn settings.

This information would allow me to determine, without actually burning a disc, whether the file/folder names on a burned disc will exactly match the names of the files/folders that were selected. When either of these numbers is greater than zero, it would be helpful if ImgBurn, in a pop-up box, would suggest how to modify the settings to decrease the number of files/folders that will be modified by the burning process, when it is possible to effect a reduction by changing one or more of the ImgBurn settings.

Reply to LIGHTNING UK!

Because want to obtain information without actually writing data to the disc, I have to assume that you are implying that I use the test mode. When I try to use the Test mode, my copy of ImgBurn informs me that the Test Mode does not support DVD+R media which is the only type of DVD media that I use because of its superior ability to minimize write errors when burning DVDs. In this context, your reply does not seem to address my needs because I will only see the log if I actually write data to the disc. In addition, the log does not seem to specify whether the file name was modified because the file name was too long or because it contained Unicode characters. It is possible that this information is at the end of the log entry for each of the modified files, however, you provide no means to see what is at the end of a long line in the log so I cannot see this information if it is provided. Please be advised that I set up my computer displays with 800 by 600 pixel resolution because of impaired vision which may explain why I do not see the end of long log lines.

Edited by DOSforever

Use the force, Luke - just click the calculator icon on the main Build window. ImgBurn will then snoop through your project and tell you about problems and necessary adjustments in the log. Just check that in the settings (Build Page 1) you did not disable any "Logging" options.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.