Do I need ImgBurn

ram1009

That really depends on if you burnt anything with DVD Decrypter.

If you didn't, ImgBurn won't help much as that's all it does!

DVDShrink can't do double layer images properly - unless using the Nero burn engine maybe, I dunno. So in that sense you're better off using ImgBurn for the burn part.

That really depends on if you burnt anything with DVD Decrypter.

If you didn't, ImgBurn won't help much as that's all it does!

DVDShrink can't do double layer images properly - unless using the Nero burn engine maybe, I dunno. So in that sense you're better off using ImgBurn for the burn part.

I've never uses Dycrypter for anything but ripping. I used Shrink for some time until I found Recode which compresses and burns in one operation unlike Shrink which requires 2 separate cycles and creates a second set of files on the HDD. I haven't been using Recode for long but have no complaints yet. So, I guess the answer to my question is "NO" I don't need ImgBurn, at least not yet. Thanks.

ram1009, Just to add my 2 cents here, Imgburn has a great number of features included in it. Its quality of burn is second to none, even to nero. Might be worth your while to give it a whirl for a while and if you don't like it you can always uninstall. :)

ram1009, Just to add my 2 cents here, Imgburn has a great number of features included in it. Its quality of burn is second to none, even to nero. Might be worth your while to give it a whirl for a while and if you don't like it you can always uninstall. :)

Does ImgBurn only burn ISO files to DVDs?

ie, Can it burn VOB files as well? (I did not see this option on the software or any forum guides.

@DellE1405:

From version 2.0.0.0, ImgBurn is much more than a ISO burner.

You should check out the "Build" mode, there are some tutorials in the "Guides" section as well!

Warning: Prepare to get Nero and any other burning application ABANDONED! :D

Best regards,

bootsector

DellE1405,

Just which guides were you looking at exactly?!

There are like 4 new ones in the 'Guides' section that clearly show you how to burn from a bunch of regular files.

I've looked at Guides from all different forums ... ALL explain how to burn an ISO file, even the 'updated' guides. I just found another one, more ISO files !

The 'Write' mode seems to only let you choose an ISO file, nothing else. I am looking at the 'Build Mode now. I'll figure it out, I hope, but the ImgBurn GUI is NOT as simple as DVD Shrinks or Neros, IMO, which takes minutes from the first look, to click your choices and GO.

I'm just trying to burn the files from a VIDEO_TS directory (located on the Hard Drive) onto a DVD and play it in a stand alone DVD player. Am I missing something? Wouldn't this senario cover 90% of what most people are trying to do in backing up a DVD movie?

I would like to use ImgBurn.

whats wrong with this guide then?

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1780

if you are trying to write to single layer media its just the same without the layer break windows

just incase you have not seen the guides on this forum they are here http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=4

You're assuming that most people use this software for backing up DVDs. The BUILD option isn't just for movies. It's a simple way to transfer any file onto CD or DVD such as home video, photos, documents, music etc. It's much easier than Nero to use and, with familiarity, you'll appreciate its simplicity.

The WRITE mode supports more than just ISOs. Something you can see for yourself in the program settings. Ultimately, this is a program for burning. It's not a compression program nor a re-authoring package.

As for your problem with files from the VIDEO_TS folder:

Select BUILD mode

Select BROWSE FOR FOLDER

Navigate to and select your VIDEO_TS folder

Answer YES to the files being in ROOT if you're asked

Select your layerbreak if required

Hit burn

whats wrong with this guide then?

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1780

if you are trying to write to single layer media its just the same without the layer break windows

just incase you have not seen the guides on this forum they are here http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=4

LOL, thanks cornholio, that is what I was looking for. Trust me, I have tried many a guide, some listed on signatures, and never saw those directions for simple burning of the Vob files to DVD.

It's worth getting caught in this Geek Fest to 'get her done'. :D

I think as DVD burners are becoming 'standard' on new PCs, there will be just a few more folks wanting to back up movies onto DVDs without turning it into a hobbie. ;)

Looking forward to using ImgBurn !

Edited by DellE1405

I think he might find this confusing:

Write Mode only lets you choose image files to burn.

To burn files directly from the HD, you have to go to Build Mode and choose DVD-ROM drive as Destination.

:whistling:

good luck burning to a DVD-ROM hell will freeze over first :lol:

Well, this might be sacrilege but I don't think you need ImgBurn......

If you don't wanna burn optical media, that is. =))

Regards

:P

"ImgBurn - it does exactly what it says - Burns Images !!!"

Oh, I want to Burn Movies, not Images.

time to update your sig lfc?

Tried ImgBurn again after reading Cornholios Guide. Switched to Build mode, blah, blah ... . Switched to Write mode, blah, blah, ImgBurn said the files were 9+ Gig, even though DVD Shrunk them and Windows explorer said the files totaled 4.x Gig. Because it read 9+ Gig, it of course did not want to continue to write on a 4.x Gig blank DVD.

There were a few other odd setting choices, more reading the guide, finally I said, forget it, it might be great software, it's free, but NOT for me, a newbie. I'll use it later when I have more time for this kind of thing.

Then .... I opened the trial version of Easy DVD Clone. No "guides", no "modes", no settings.

EASY !!! I chose the Source DIR, it already read the target (Blank DVD), and BOOM !!!! -- BURNING

RESULT - ISO image file? NO. Clean copy of MOVIE - YES, All the VOB files in tact - YES, all menu functions working? - YES, Quality great? - YES. EASY? - EXTREMELY ! Free ? - NO , it's $39.95.

"Easy DVD Clone - it does exactly what it says - Clones DVDs ... EASY!!!" :)

Signed,

1 unsophisticated DVD Newbie that prefers a Simple GUI over a great GUIDE.

Dell,

I can assume your directory had DVD-ROM files in it or you had one of the build options incorrectly set.

In any event, there's no need to be sarcastic.

Tell you what ... we'll give you a full refund of the cost of the prog. How's that? Hope that makes the grumps go away.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.