Where does ImgBurn create its temporary files?

lemonlovr

Hopefully the topic of this post makes sense. When using Build mode, I assume that ImgBurn has to actually build a temporary image file that is located somewhere on disk and is then burned to CD/DVD.

My question is: where are these temporary image files created? I am using Vista build 5536 and I am experiencing severe system slowdown during a build-and-burn process. I suspect that the "Search Indexer" which is always running in the background is attempting to index the location of the temporary files, thus slowing everything down. If I know where these files are created, I can exclude the location from the indexer.

Anyone have any ideas? I looked in all the preferences and couldn't find an option to specify any temporary file location. Thanks.

Edited by lemonlovr

Thanks for all your help. For the most part I am seeing the buffers run out and ImgBurn tells me that it has to wait for the hard drive to reach a threshhold before it can start burning again.

Maybe it has more to do with my hard drive than Vista - most of the files I am burning are coming from an 80 GB PATA drive. I will have to try it from one of my newer SATA drives and see if I get the same result.

Thanks again.

I assumed we were already talking about build mode db.

I'm not sure why you'd ever make a temp file for burning an ISO?!

Nothing ever goes to a temp folder (except displaying IBG in DVDInfoPro), it's all done in memory.

As it's reading lots of files from your hdd, maybe it is some sort of indexing issue - that or antivirus maybe? Have you done a transfer rate test of the drive under Vista to ensure it's running at full speed anyway? Maybe the drivers are limiting it or something.

Oh, it probably was already talking about Build mode. :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if the obvious escaped my grasp again, what with the repeated and seemingly never ending stress of doing things like performing these tests, finding work, living alone, and the repeated pain in my back as well as losing feeling in my feet is probably just driving me mad. Well, less sane, let's put it that way. :shifty:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.