Bluray XL Drive

Adrianvdh

You could have Googled the model numbers and found out for yourself in about 30 seconds but I'll tell you anyway.... it's the Pioneer BDR-207M.

I can't give you an answer for which is the 'best' Blu-ray drive I own because I don't spend time trying to figure that out. I do a bunch of burns+scans with them sometimes (and post them in the 'Drives' or 'Media' forums) but I don't attempt to compile them and make any sort of conclusion. The LG and Pioneer models in my PC at the moment are both decent drives.

Did you just copy + paste that off a Lite-On advert?

SmartErase is a feature of their drives.

If you want all that stuff then you'll need to buy the iHBS212.

3D support comes from the software you use for playback, not the drive.

The LiteOn drives are handy because you can do disc quality scans with them.

As I said before, I don't know what to recommend as the 'best' because I simply don't look at drives that way. Look at some reviews online - perhaps over the the MyCE forums.

Yes but it's not something that would/should ever sway your decision on which drive to purchase, it's a pretty useless feature.

If you don't want someone to read your discs once you've thrown them away, snap them in half first and save yourself loads of time.

What might sway my decision is the ability to scan discs with the LiteOn drives. For that reason alone, I could never be without one. I'm not sure I'd choose to use my LiteOn drives over any of the others for burning discs though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.