No combination of intermediate filters could be found

daft duck

Hi. As you can see from the log I am having trouble getting imgburn to pick up this file or any other of the files from the same set. This seems to happen randomly so I assume it is a problem with the files, not imburn. I have tried some of the suggestions posted on the forum but nothing has made imgburn work. I may have tried the suggestions incorrectly though. Other burners have no problem with the same files but I would rather use imgburn for all my burning as I like it. P.S What does the highlighted line mean?

Thanks for any help you can give.

//****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.5.7.0 - Log

; Friday, 05 October 2012, 12:08:51

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 12:06:38 ImgBurn Version 2.5.7.0 started!

I 12:06:38 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 12:06:38 Total Physical Memory: 3,406,252 KB - Available: 2,721,936 KB

W 12:06:38 Duplex Secure's SPTD driver can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

I 12:06:38 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:06:38 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:06:38 -> Drive 1 - Info: Optiarc DVD RW AD-5280S 1.01 (D:) (ATA)

I 12:06:38 Found 1 DVD±RW!

E 12:08:16 ConnectFilters(Source, Sample Grabber) Failed!

E 12:08:16 File Name: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Green Day - Uno (2012)\01 - Nuclear Family.mp3

E 12:08:16 Reason: No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection.

E 12:08:16 Hint: You may need to install some additional DirectShow filters in order to support files of this type or the file might be corrupt.

E 12:08:19 acmFormatSuggest Failed!

E 12:08:19 File Name: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Green Day - Uno (2012)\01 - Nuclear Family.mp3

E 12:08:19 Reason: No device driver present.

I 12:08:51 Close Request Acknowledged

I 12:08:51 Closing Down...

I 12:08:51 Shutting down SPTI...

I 12:08:51 ImgBurn closed!

ImgBurn relies on DirectShow for all audio decoding, and that relies on various filters installed on the system. As you're only doing MP3, those filters would normally be built into Windows so I can't even really tell you to try a different one! The MP3 filters (especially old ones in XP) sometimes have problems with metadata (cover art etc). The also don't like mono files.

What are the properties of the files that don't work? Examine one such MP3 in MediaInfo and let us know what it says - or upload a problem file / email it to me so I can check it myself.

You can search/Google for the SPTD thing, it's been answered several times before.

I have had the same problem just download Duplex Secure's SPTD driver which probably installed in Deamond Tools install it and unistall it (recommended to unistall Revo Unistaller)

SPDT download:

http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads

Revo Unistaller download:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

ImgBurn relies on DirectShow for all audio decoding, and that relies on various filters installed on the system. As you're only doing MP3, those filters would normally be built into Windows so I can't even really tell you to try a different one! The MP3 filters (especially old ones in XP) sometimes have problems with metadata (cover art etc). The also don't like mono files.

What are the properties of the files that don't work? Examine one such MP3 in MediaInfo and let us know what it says - or upload a problem file / email it to me so I can check it myself.

You can search/Google for the SPTD thing, it's been answered several times before.

Thank you. File too big to attach. What email address to send to you? I don't have Daemon tools so perhaps I can just delete that driver.

Thank you lightning. As you can see I am not too good with this stuff. I will try doing it properly. I just tried adding a new version of lame to see if that made any difference to the file grabbing. It didn't.

It's gone. See below;

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.5.7.0 - Log

; Friday, 05 October 2012, 17:26:18

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 17:25:39 ImgBurn Version 2.5.7.0 started!

I 17:25:39 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 17:25:39 Total Physical Memory: 3,406,252 KB - Available: 2,869,236 KB

I 17:25:39 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:25:39 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:25:41 -> Drive 1 - Info: Optiarc DVD RW AD-5280S 1.01 (D:) (ATA)

I 17:25:41 Found 1 DVD±RW!

E 17:25:56 ConnectFilters(Source, Sample Grabber) Failed!

E 17:25:56 File Name: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Green Day - Uno (2012)\05 - Kill The Dj.mp3

E 17:25:56 Reason: No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection.

E 17:25:56 Hint: You may need to install some additional DirectShow filters in order to support files of this type or the file might be corrupt.

E 17:26:13 acmFormatSuggest Failed!

E 17:26:13 File Name: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Green Day - Uno (2012)\05 - Kill The Dj.mp3

E 17:26:13 Reason: No device driver present.

I 17:26:18 Close Request Acknowledged

I 17:26:18 Closing Down...

I 17:26:18 Shutting down SPTI...

I 17:26:18 ImgBurn closed!

Thanks to the both of you. Just need the file grabber bit sorted now. If I run the file through audacity and use that to save as mp3 then imgburn cue file works ok. If I look at the new 'audacity' file version mp3 it has a different lame coding to the original. Is that something to do with this problem ??

Edited by daft duck

Ok well it doesn't work with the Windows 7 SP1 DirectShow filters either... but it does work with the ACM (a fallback) method. You must be missing a driver or something on your machine for ACM not to work.

As mentioned in a previous post, the filters usually fall over due to there being something not quite right with the metadata (tags) in the file.

I used a generic tagging util to remove the v1 and v2.3 ID3 tags and now DirectShow loads it fine.

At this point, I can only assume the problem is with the ~700KB album art that's in the metadata!

EDIT: Yes, that's it, it's the album art causing the problem. I just removed the pic in my tagging tool (leaving all the rest of the meta data) and now it works with DirectShow.

I used a program called ID3-TagIT 3.

It's old now but does the job.

For me nothing works including your program. If I delete the picture it comes straight back.

Yippee!!!! Done it at last. Used Mp3tag batch tagging and it worked. Individual removal wouldn't work.

Thanks lightning. P.S If you email me some bank details I'll send a donation. I don't use paypal.

Edited by daft duck

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.