Write Speed Data Graph

Takeshi

I see lots of DVDInfo graphs in the Media section. The DVDInfo and DVDInfoPro (by Nic Wilson) I search on Google look different. Is it another tool built-in or plug-in in ImgBurn?

And is there a guide somewhere on how to interpret the graphs? What is a good burn supposed to look like?

I see lots of DVDInfo graphs in the Media section. The DVDInfo and DVDInfoPro (by Nic Wilson) I search on Google look different.

Possibly graphs from older versions maybe? I have no idea.

Is it another tool built-in or plug-in in ImgBurn?
It's an independant tool. Information about your overall burn is displayed graphically instead of in a boring log file (which would be huge if it were just in text format).
And is there a guide somewhere on how to interpret the graphs? What is a good burn supposed to look like?

Not on this forum but the graphs are fairly simple to interpret. If we look at the three graphs below we can see that the top graph has some problems. Most noticable is the light blue line which shows how well the media performed during the verification process. It has peaks and troughs all over the place. Not a very good burn.

The middle graph shows a pretty bad burn. It's obvious that this media is garbage. The problems are easy to see from the yellow line (burn) and light blue line (verify).

The bottom graph is pretty much what a good burn looks like. Compare the yellow and light blue lines in the bottom graph to the other 2 and you can see why.

post-4-1157509027_thumb.png

post-4-1157509458_thumb.png

post-4-1157509715_thumb.png

Many thanks for taking the trouble to explain the above. :thumbup:

The verification plot has a gradient (the speed increases) in the good burn graph, does that mean something in particular?

So this is the tool I need to install to display the graph?

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

At the bottom of the graphs, I see:

Download ImgBurn Run Imgburn,

so there's some connection between DVDInfo and ImgBurn? :teehee:

there has been a collaboration between imgburn and dvd infopro, in that the imgburn graph data can only be shown using dvd infopro.

you can use any programme you want to scan the disc for quality but i prefer dvd infopro , personally i dont really like cd/dvd speed for scanning

if the drive is having difficulty reading the burnt disc back it will slow the speed down until it can read it so a smooth gradient verify means it had no problems reading the burnt disc

Many thanks for taking the trouble to explain the above. :thumbup:

The verification plot has a gradient (the speed increases) in the good burn graph, does that mean something in particular?

So this is the tool I need to install to display the graph?

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

At the bottom of the graphs, I see:

Download ImgBurn Run Imgburn,

so there's some connection between DVDInfo and ImgBurn? :teehee:

since dvd's are burned from the inner hub to the outside rim there is less space for data at the hub and it burns say at 2x, moving away from the hub the burn progresses and there is more space available for data and the drive burns faster untill the speed hits max or whatever you set it to at the outer part of the discs or the discs will support .Thats the speed ramping up

LUK and Nic Wilson colaborate with each other :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.