Imgburn no longer works after installing eSata card

acme64

I installed an esata card for an external dock and now imgburn can't detect my drive as a burner. It just says no writers found. It still reads disks fine. If i go through imgburn settings and have it show all drives, then the burner shows up great, and it reads the disk i have in there. But if i try to burn or erase a disk it spits out an I/O error. the esata card is a Marvel 91xx ata device the burner.

oh and i tried cdburnerxp to erase a disc and it can't detect the drive either. So its definitely some kind of conflict with my 2 sata controllers

Edited by acme64

Here's what happens when i launch the app, change the settings so my drive shows up, then try to erase a cdrw. a dvdr doesn't even show up

I 14:15:40 ImgBurn Version 2.5.7.0 started!

I 14:15:40 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)

I 14:15:40 Total Physical Memory: 8,344,628 KB - Available: 6,074,300 KB

I 14:15:40 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:15:40 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:15:40 -> Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-116AB D100 (D:) (ATAPI)

I 14:15:40 -> Drive 2 - Info: ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4 (F:) (SCSI)

I 14:15:40 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 BD-ROM/HD DVD-ROM!

W 14:16:12 I/O Interface 'Show All Devices' has been changed!

I 14:16:12 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:16:12 -> Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-116AB D100 (D:) (ATAPI)

I 14:16:12 -> Drive 2 - Info: ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4 (F:) (SCSI)

I 14:16:12 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 BD-ROM/HD DVD-ROM!

I 14:16:50 Operation Started!

I 14:16:50 Device: [0:1:0] TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-116AB D100 (D:) (ATAPI)

I 14:16:51 Media Type: CD-RW

I 14:16:51 Quick Erase: Yes

I 14:16:51 Erasing Disc...

E 14:16:53 Failed to Erase Disc! - Reason: Invalid Command Operation Code

E 14:16:53 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:02

Yw6iP.png

I'm not sure I understand?!

What the program is listing there is clearly just a DVD-ROM drive, it can't burn anything.

So the reason ImgBurn doesn't list it as a writer is because it isn't one! I suggest you revert the 'Show All Devices' setting back to where it was.

thats exactly the problem! it only shows up as a normal drive. when I was burning disks fine before the esata card was added. Only reason i change the device settings is so i can see something. If not all i get is no writers detected. Worse case scenario i just domn't burn, i need the esata more anyway, what i don't get is why the presence of a pcie esata would change the way my onboard sata drive looks

I can't imagine for 1 second that connecting the drive to the Marvell controller is doing something as specific as changing the drive ID to 'TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-116AB', and if you google 'SH-116AB' you'll see that it's just a basic DVD-ROM drive and it can't burn anything.

Have you perhaps have just made a mistake in which drive you've reconnected?

The program is functioning fine and you don't want or need 'Show All Devices' enabled. That 'TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-116AB' isn't listed as a writer because it isn't one - it's as simple as that.

If you're expecting *more* than 1 physical drive to show up in ImgBurn, that's when you *do* have a problem - as the OS is only telling it about 1 of them (plus your virtual drive).

So... do you have 2 physical optical drives connected to the machine?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.