Payload for ImgBurn

Adrianvdh

I actually examined how it worked on the day of it's release (these things always interest me) and was able to reproduce the results via my own code in no time at all - it's surprisingly basic really :)

Which forum/topic was that

How it Works

-----------------

Load your favorite burning software. Insert your blank DVD+R DL disc. Send the BurnerMAX Payload. Re-select your drive in the burner software and the capacity will be increased.

You will need to send the BurnerMAX Payload evertime you insert a blank DVD+R DL disc.

Special vendor specific commands are sent to examine in realtime the drives custom registers, searching for specific DVD+R DL blank media capacity and layer capacity parameters.

If found these registers are modified using another set of vendor specific commands.

Due to the use of stock firmware and different burner makes and models, any settings the burner has play a more important role.

For iHas burners B, C and D, recommended settings are:

Force Hypertuning - Enabled

Online Hypertung - Disabled

Smartburn - Enabled

Overspeed - Enabled

OPC history - Do not clear

Results may vary depending on hardware and disc brand.

Verbatim DVD+R DL (Singapore Manufactured) Blank Discs are recommended for best results.

I would like to wish everyone a merry xmas and a happy new year - many more goodies are coming......

Thanks go to Team Jungle for their hard work and efforts in the development process.

Thanks also go to Team Xecuter for their support to this project.

I wish to dedicate BurnerMAX Payload Tool's release to the victims of the Connecticut school massacre and the bravery of the school teachers involved who saved many lives.

Changelog

--------------

v0.15

- First release

Special vendor specific commands are sent to examine in realtime the drives custom registers, searching for specific DVD+R DL blank media capacity and layer capacity parameters.

If found these registers are modified using another set of vendor specific commands.

Right well the vendor is the person that makes the drive. 'Vendor specific' is a generic term taken from the command spec documents (the MMC documents I've mentioned to you before).

You get the standard set of commands that drives support (like for basic reading and writing etc) and then you have a few special 'vendor' ones that allow you to do special stuff with that specific drive (or range of drives).

'Realtime' means 'at that instant'. So giving you my local weather in realtime, the sun is out and there isn't a cloud in the sky.

'capacity parameters' - this is simply the size (number of sectors) of a normal disc - i.e. a new/normal DVD+R DL disc has 4,173,824 sectors available on it.

Try using your words.

If I ask you what you don't understand in 2 lines of text and you reply with those same 2 lines - but with certain words in bold - any normal human being would expect those to be the ones you're having trouble with.

So what's the problem now?

What's your primary/first language? English?

Mine is English, so if yours is English too, we really shouldn't be having trouble communicating with each other.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.