Unable to recover TOC

RomancinMelanson

Hi,

I'm having some problems getting the program running. My destination driver is TSSTcorp CDRW/DVD TSL462C. This is the message I get at the bottom of the screen:

Device not ready (Unable to recover TOC)

The only program I've downloaded so far is ImgBurn, do I need to download the other program first, or does that not effect the error I'm getting?

Thanks for any help, I'm new at this!

open imgburn , if you dont see the log appear under the gui then press 'L' on your keyboard and copy and paste the contents of the log in your reply

Thanks. Here's the contents of the log:

I 18:30:38 ImgBurn Version 1.1.0.0 started!

I 18:30:38 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 18:30:38 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:30:38 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:30:39 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

So I'm guessing that means I have a DVD-Rom. Am I still able to use that with this program?

you can burn to cd's yes (700/800Mb)

you just cant burn dvd's.

if you have a desktop pc just buy a dvd burner and swap it for the drive you have now.

and when you have done all that , update imgburn to v 2.0.0.0 :)

You will more than likely pay over the odds for a drive that Dell sell as well. If you're in the US check out www.meritline.com as they sell a lot of drives and the prices always look reasonable to me.

If your in the UK and some parts of Europe check out www.svp.co.uk - I use this place all the time for media and drives - highly recommended ! :)

laptop drives are pretty iffy really , if it was me, i would buy an external drive and not from dell as they dont make drives.

I got my hands on a LiteOn 1635s External USB as my Laptop combo drive was/is crap, this worked flawlessly for the 3 weeks until I had to return It to my brother...... :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.