PLEASE add DDP image creation!!

Neil Wilkes

Now that DLT drives are largely a thing of the past, the only way of getting a DVD-A/V image to replication is via DDP.

The trouble is that there is absolutely nothing out there that has the combination of

A - creating DDP

B - handling DVD-A and

C - setting the LB.

IMGburn handles LB detection & setting beautifully - I also use GPME which is frankly hopeless for this purpose and am utterly stuck.

What would it take to add a DDP module, as this is something I would gladly pay for.

• 1 year later...

A voice from the past, hey Neil, we communicated a long time ago on the GEAR forum.  I was also hoping imgburn could output DDP discs since I got rid of my DLT machine a while ago. I had to edit an old project and I have the VIDEO_TS folder.  Did you ever find any program that can create DDP discs besides GEAR?

Hiya.

Sadly, no - I never did.

All I can ever do is load a written disc into GPME and create DDP image from this. Nobody does a simple program that can do this, yet the tragedy is that MEI did make one for use with DVD-Audio Creator. MEI dongle owners got updates after Sonic dropped the product and before MEI got swallowed up by Panasonic's Blu-Ray department.

I know the app exists - I just cannot find anyone to sell me one.

I guess you probably got excited when you saw someone replied to your post after a year :-)  I would have also thought someone would have created a simple program to create DDP discs since that seems to be widely accepted these days. I can't imagine it would be difficult for any programmer to implement. I'd pay for imgburn if it had that capability *hint hint to imgburn developer*

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.