website stuff

Adrianvdh

Hi do you know when you have a website registered (free/paid) and you type a file in the search bar like this... www.domain.com/dog.jpeg and there is does not exist and it says something like this...

Not Found

The requested URL /dog.jpeg was not found on this server.

Now on my domain name that i have (free) when I type a file and it does not exist it errors out and goes to the host website and says something like this...

http://e.freewebhostingarea.com/not-found.html

Any help would be nice thanks

Edited by Adrianvdh

Oh can you tell me the advantages of a paid website compaired to a paid one? and what company is hosting your domain? Oh ya one more question do you have to pay permonth or can you pay just once, straight up? :)

i use one.com for several domains and am satisfied with their service

i pay yearly for hosting and 5 yearly for domain names

when i tried free hosting, there were ads everywhere, i don't want that.

free hosting was very slow loading as well

But I want a .com domain and faster upload speeds and I realy want it to get the file cannot be found error

and where are these adds?

P.S how many posts does a user need to get 4 to 5 stars on this forum?

Edited by Adrianvdh

it looks like you don't get ads on the small/normal site package you have, that's a good thing

as the saying goes,you pay your money and make your choice, hosting can be very expensive on dedicated servers

choose wisely

i don't know how many posts luk has the 5 stars set at, and why does that matter to you?

its not about how many posts you make, on a help forum, surely the content of your post should be more important?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.