Duplicating files

MMacD

I'd like to be able to add multiple copies of the same file to a dvd burn, so that if something damages one area of the disc, I can still read from another.

There doesn't seem to be any way to do that.  The "optimise duplicates" is already turned off, yet when I try to add the second copy (a subtree full of font files) it helpfully tells me that the directory already exists.  It would be yet helpfuller were there a "do it anyway" checkbox.

If you're using standard imput mode, you'd need multiple copies of that folder (obviously they'd then have different names) on your hdd.

If you're using advanced input mode, it's pretty easy. Just add it once, rename the one in the 'Disc' pane, add it again, rename again, add again etc etc.

Not really.  ImgBurn itself could modify the name(s) in the usual way editors do when saving a backup history:  append .1, .2 etc.  Enormously more convenient for the human.  Or, to be really posh, allow the human to select the garnish.  In my case, since I was already using a dot, I'd have chosen an underscore: fonts.type1, fonts.type1_2, fonts.type1_3, etc.

Edited by MMacD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.