verbatim single layer dvd: what's best?

RedSpy

With verbatim dvd+r dl discs, it seems pretty straightforward that the ones made in singapore are best. But what about the single layer DVD+Rs? After doing a quick search on the internet, I can say that I'm totally confused. MCC? CMC? Prodisc? MBI? PAPA? MIT? WTF? Can anyone explain what all this means and which one I should get? I would be most appreciative!

how could I tell if the mcc is actually a cmc? I have some single layer (+) I bought a while ago and I'm trying to find out where it was made. I know it's on the outer cover but because I got it before I knew about how quality can be affected by where it was manufactured, I threw it (the outer cover) away before checking. When I pop it into my drive and load up ImgBurn, it says MCC-004 but how can I tell if it's actually a Singapore MCC and not a CMC (Taiwan?) or a Prodisc (???) or a MBI (India?)?

Edited by RedSpy

Mostly for compatibility with standalone DVD players. I mostly burn movies to DVD. Although, ironically, for DVD-9's, DVD+R DL is what I use because they are, strangely, more compatible with standalone DVD player than DVD-R DL's.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.