Extremely Minor Cosmetic issues with 2.1

Defenestration

Both these points are very picky so feel free to ignore them, but I thought I'd point them out anyway. :D

1) The Check for Program Update drop-down combo has the options in the following order Never, Daily, Fornightly, Weekly, Monthly.

Weekly and Fortnightly could be switched round.

2) I didn't think I'd see it due to the response I got when I posted about it, but thanks for implementing the new %B Filename field specifier for the Graph Data filename! The Legend on the right says "%B - Date (YYYY/MM/DD)", but the date's actually inserted as YYYY-MM-DD, so maybe the legend text could be changed to what's actually inserted.

BTW LUK, what registry keys/values do I need to add to start playing with the thread priorities, and what are the defaults ?

1. God knows how that happened, I must have been asleep.

2. The '/' is used when building the date, only it's actually replaced with whatever date seperator your OS is set to use. The thing is, it then replaces certain characters that aren't allowed in path / filenames.

To do it properly I'd actually have to build that text up on the fly inserting the correct date seperator and then replacing with '_' if I needed to. All that is just a little bit overkill.

All threads default to 'normal' priority but the app itself switches to 'high' when burning.

To override them, use the following keys:

OVERRIDE_ThreadPriority_Build

OVERRIDE_ThreadPriority_BuildRead

OVERRIDE_ThreadPriority_Burn

OVERRIDE_ThreadPriority_DeviceBuffer

OVERRIDE_ThreadPriority_GraphData

OVERRIDE_ThreadPriority_Read

OVERRIDE_ThreadPriority_Verify

They're all DWORD type values.

0 = idle, 1 = lowest, 2 = lower, 3 = normal, 4 = higher, 5 = highest, 6 = time critical, everything else = normal.

All that is just a little bit overkill.
I agree.

All threads default to 'normal' priority but the app itself switches to 'high' when burning.

To override them, use the following keys:

OVERRIDE_ThreadPriority_Build

OVERRIDE_ThreadPriority_BuildRead

OVERRIDE_ThreadPriority_Burn

OVERRIDE_ThreadPriority_DeviceBuffer

OVERRIDE_ThreadPriority_GraphData

OVERRIDE_ThreadPriority_Read

OVERRIDE_ThreadPriority_Verify

They're all DWORD type values.

0 = idle, 1 = lowest, 2 = lower, 3 = normal, 4 = higher, 5 = highest, 6 = time critical, everything else = normal.

Time to get testing :)

• 2 months later...

Just another extremely minor cosmetic issue with 2.1 :

In "Tools | Settings | Events", shouldn't "Append Existing" and "Overwrite Existing" be radio buttons, rather than mutually exclusive checkboxes ?

Not that I really mind - it works very well as it is - but radio buttons would be more "standard".

Tip o' the hat anyway :)

Although the options are mutually exclusive, it's also possible to not have either of them checked.

Ah ... point taken. I hadn't tried unchecking the checked option as opposed to just checking the other one.

Although ...... what does it actually mean to have neither one checked ? "Create a new log with a different name" ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.