ImgBurn v2.5.8.0 Released!

LIGHTNING UK!

1 hour ago, Ch3vr0n said:

14 hours ago, cornholio7 said:

yes you are

I 08:52:10 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.1 Beta started!
I 08:52:10 Microsoft Windows 10 Professional x64 Edition (10.0, Version 1909, Build 18363)

No disrespect to anyone, but its BS. 7 years later and you on 2.5.8.1 beta ..yah right, how ironic, again am I crazy! I doubt.

Edited by AWKJ

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You must be crazy.  Or we beta members are under a mass delusion that we've been beta testing 2.5.8.1 Beta, aka 2.5.9.0 when it's finally released, for the past 2 years.  It fixes at least 2 bugs I know of: the USB 3.0 detected as USB 2.0 is now resolved and Windows 10 being detected as Windows 8.

Once again I don't mean to sound ignorant or rude in any way, but it sounds like bunch of empty words that have been just made up. 7 years....7 very very long years and just now you come up with this 2.5.8.1 beta and 2.5.9.0. by the time is in stable version! ..nahh

On a personal level I think ImgBurn was and still might be the best CD/DVD/BD burning tool, even among high priced shareware that I own, but at this point and you can’t blame anyone for thinking that, nothing will convince any either prior or current ImgBurn user that this once great tool is now pretty much dead and the "supposedly beta" you showing its nothing...I would love to be proven wrong..heck..I would gladly pay again ($20, $50, $100) to see new ImgBurn comeback from grave yard after almost a decade

Anyways I don't want to keep on badgering anyone, so I'm done.

Thanks

Edited by AWKJ

@awkj the creator (lightning UK) hasn't come up with this beta just now, that's the whole point of these past few points. It's that random member that came up with that 'release', hell 2 can play that game. This isn't directed at you

I can knock up 2.6.0.0 on about 5 seconds of I wanted too. Fire up 2.5.8.0, copy the first few lines from the log generated, paste them here in the reply box and change the version number and windows info. Done, a magical non-existing 2.6.0.0 just appeared out of thin air.

While 8 years is indeed a very long time, as long as there's support, a product isn't dead. Now if support were to end too, that would change things a bit, but even then as long as it would still work I wouldn't be looking for replacement software.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Ch3vr0n said:

@awkj the creator (lightning UK) hasn't come up with this beta just now, that's the whole point of these past few points. It's that random member that came up with that 'release', hell 2 can play that game. This isn't directed at you emoji6.png

I can knock up 2.6.0.0 on about 5 seconds of I wanted too. Fire up 2.5.8.0, copy the first few lines from the log generated, paste them here in the reply box and change the version number and windows info. Done, a magical non-existing 2.6.0.0 just appeared out of thin air.

While 8 years is indeed a very long time, as long as there's support, a product isn't dead. Now if support were to end too, that would change things a bit, but even then as long as it would still work I wouldn't be looking for replacement software.

I told myself I won’t respond to any more comments as I still stand by want I said ImgBurn is dead......this is my last post.

What you saying its noting new and I believe you've said that in earlier respond to someone else (sorry If that wasn't you).

You talking about support on here and that indicate that ImgBurn is not dead? You are kidding right. If you read my first post I said, this forum seem fake, not like it used to be several years ago, almost as if it’s not run by LIGHTNING UK!, 

Support on 7year old software that has bugs and they are  simple  bugs and  he can't fix them? well....that is a good sign of dead....end of story

What bugs are you referring to?

I’m pretty sure I’d have fixed anything that was actually a bug at the time it was reported. Of course, me fixing them is very different to me fixing them AND releasing a version that includes those fixes.

The version that I’ve very occasionally worked on over the last 7 years will eventually be released, of course it will, I just have a very bad habit of sitting on things.

I honestly do keep thinking I need to get back to it and get it done. In all honesty, I think I went a year without even having the development environment on my machine. I probably installed it all again and got it to the stage where I can actually compile the code again about a month ago. That’s some serious progress right there! I have a no point said to myself that I’m done with ImgBurn. If I had, this forum wouldn’t be here.

Hey maybe with the corona quarantine you can polish the code a little and release it. Say, in a week? Would sure sir these guys up with 'this thing is dead', and it would sure make us non-whiners happy

7 hours ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

What bugs are you referring to?

I’m pretty sure I’d have fixed anything that was actually a bug at the time it was reported. Of course, me fixing them is very different to me fixing them AND releasing a version that includes those fixes.

The version that I’ve very occasionally worked on over the last 7 years will eventually be released, of course it will, I just have a very bad habit of sitting on things.

I honestly do keep thinking I need to get back to it and get it done. In all honesty, I think I went a year without even having the development environment on my machine. I probably installed it all again and got it to the stage where I can actually compile the code again about a month ago. That’s some serious progress right there! I have a no point said to myself that I’m done with ImgBurn. If I had, this forum wouldn’t be here.

I said in my post above that I wouldn't comment again..although I didn't expect your response and I hope I'm not wrong by saying this…You almost sound like there is still hope for ImgBurn, but once again, thus far all that is, is just a bunch  of words.

I was going to give you a lengthily reason why LIGHTNING UK should keep ImgBurn alive, but I rather say just a few humble words.

Among several multimedia software I own, ImgBurn have always been the burning tool of my chose, there was something very special about this truly swiftly tool that unfortunately I have abandoned few years ago due to lack of updates.

Even things like I posted above when on several of my BenQ4 K monitor, ImgBurn  log is separated from main window, unless I change the resolution which is cheap fix that could have been fixed long time ago, believe it or not, but those things  do matter.

Anyhow, even thou I have been using PowerISO, If ImgBurn reincarnated from death I would not hesitate to switch back and I’m not a cheap person by any stretch of imagination I will be more than happy to donate 100Euro as a token of appreciation, that's how much I still would like ImgBurn to be alive and I'm sure, I'm not the only one who feels that way. 

Anyways, I’m truly done dragging this subject.

Thanks for now and let’s see what changes, if anything.

Ha! well, you learn something new every day.

I don't even really remember seeing any mention of a log window snapping issue before. It would have been more useful to put that bug report in the bug reports forum (please excuse me if you'd also done that). I don't run mine snapped and so have never noticed it myself. It worked fine at the time of implementation, but I was probably running XP back then.

I don't have a 4K monitor to do any testing of that issue on, but it just so happens it also occurs on mine. Maybe it's a Windows 10 thing? ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 predates Windows 10, so any abnormalities it caused obviously wouldn't have been resolved.

I'm going to fire up good old C++ Builder 2007 now and see what's going on with it.

EDIT: Update, it's due to the shadow around the windows being classed as part of the window. It won't snap nicely to the left/right/bottom of the screen either.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no way org. LIGHTNIG UK would let go this far, no freaking way. Even simple bugs as mismatch of windows ID in the log, let alone log and main ImgBurn window separation and he, LIGHTNING UK whomever that is, has no idea how to fix it or giving excuse of leaving thing on the back burner to sit?, you really had me going for a while and made me believe you were actually for real:)

Phhh... You can say all you want, I still stand by my theory, this is fake website with someone else running it and I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows why people will do such thing.

I really want it to donate big chunk of either $ or Euro and I mean 200-300 because I do care, but why, I’m still asking myself.

Man, I’m DDD for even coming back here.

You can please delete my account

Gone

Edited by AWKJ

1 hour ago, Ch3vr0n said:

This isn't a fake website with a fake product. Nobody's forcing you to come (back) here or use it or the website. Feel free to leave, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You think you are smart with your remark...:chair:frankly I didn't expect anyone's response, anyone with slightest commonsense and with just a bit of brain  would figure that I made rhetorical comment. You've got a lot to learn I presume you not the sharpest knife in the drawer:lol:

Good day

• 7 months later...

OK... so... Bigfoot is real, Loch Ness monster is real, and Yeti is real? But ImgBurn.com is fake and "LIGHTNING UK!" is an impersonator? Let's not forget that the moon landing was also fake! Oh! And Paul McCartney died in 1966! =))

• 8 months later...
On 7/21/2020 at 5:56 PM, LIGHTNING UK! said:

You're crazy

You still think I'm crazy👏

On 7/25/2020 at 4:09 PM, Ch3vr0n said:

Beta 1, I'll believe that when I see it. Can't find a link

That's what I say👎

On 7/25/2020 at 4:26 PM, dbminter said:

Well, now that the cat is out of the bag :wink: yes, we've had a beta we've been testing for 2 years now

The end of 2021 and still nothing.....💩😀

Not happening... I don't know why I even asked. If "supposedly Lightning UK" can't fix window separation between log and main UI or address the wrong windows version in the log...there is no hope for any update so yes... ImgBurn is dead R.I.P.

Goodbye

Edited by AWKJ

4 hours ago, Ch3vr0n said:

For IMGBURN? I never saw any. Got a link to them or a topic?

Well, they were beta releases, so they're only available for beta team members.  Your avatar just says you're a member, so you wouldn't have had access to the links or topics.

Any particular settings you can name off the top of your head?  One of the betas addressed the window positions not being saved, but I think that was a bug introduced as a result of the first beta from this year and some arcane Windows issue.

All of them, i had this issue in the past on win 10 where my settings didn't get stored properly in the registry (not using portable version), so i had to resort to exporting the IMGBURN registry branch. But new settings don't seem to 'stick'.

Can't explain that one.  Seems to be a Windows issue, beyond the scope of ImgBurn.  I know I import a .REG file with all of my preferred ImgBurn settings when installing the software for the first time and any changes that get made afterwards are saved later.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.