New lower class filter showing up since installing 2.5.8.0

Sigma

When I was using 2.5.7.0 and I want to Tools - Filter Driver Load Order... there were no filter drivers listed there.

I upgraded to 2.5.8.0, but now when I look at the filter drivers, this one is showing up: -

o2bqvjX.jpg

Looking at the date of the SYS file, it's been on my machine since February, which I think might coincide with me doing a clean install of Windows 8 Pro. Is this file part of a stock Windows 8 install? Is it just a case of 2.5.7.0 not picking it up, even though it was there? The only burning software I've got installed aside from ImgBurn is Ashampoo Burning Studio 12, but I installed that months ago and it hasn't been updated in ages. In fact, I haven't installed any new software at all on this machine in quite a long time, aside from updating existing software.

It doesn't seem to be causing any issues. I'm just wondering where that file came from and why it wasn't detected by 2.5.7.0 even though the file has been on my machine since February.

Edited by Sigma

The Px stuff is used by iTunes.

I've no idea why 2.5.7.0 didn't list it, I don't recall fixing anything in that area.

As 2.5.8.0 is clearly showing it, maybe check again with 2.5.7.0 - you could have just missed it being added to your system?

Hmmm, I've never used iTunes.

It definitely wasn't there in 2.5.7.0 though because I used 2.5.7.0 to remove a filter driver called pfc.sys, leaving no others remaining. According to the file's properties, it's been on my system since February 25th.

It's no big deal anyway. I was just wondering why it suddenly showed up in ImgBurn. Thanks for the reply.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.