Installer filetypes conflict resolution

lek

First, a minor problem. ImgBurn uses the .ape extension for disk images, which conflicts with Monkey's Audio. Perhaps the disk image format doesn't originate with ImgBurn... nevertheless.

For filetypes that may be associated with other programs (.flac, .wv, .ape, maybe others), I'd like to see in the installer the options to ignore the filetype, install a context menu option to open in ImgBurn, or associate it with ImgBurn as a primary file type.

In practice, I nearly always want to open .iso files in ImgBurn, and so would associate them. I would rarely want to open .wv files in ImgBurn, but I suppose I might find it useful enough to have a context menu item for the wavpack type "Open in ImgBurn" along with the existing "Unpack to WAV" and opening in various audio editors. And I just can't see associating .flac files with ImgBurn at all.

If I fix these manually the program itself seems to work great.

The association is off by default for all of the types you've mentioned.

When it does associate itself with a file type, it only adds itself as a 'Burn using ImgBurn' entry on the context menu. You have to enable the checkbox in the settings to make it become the default application for those file types (yeah ideally that wouldn't be a '1 for all' type option). The OS may of course have its own ideas about these things and make it the default option anyway... it depends on what else is associated with that file type.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.