Automatic retry after External Hard Drive disconnects momentarily ?

ahmadka

Hi all ..

I have a problem with one of my external 2TB Hard Drives I think .. The USB connector socket on the drive is faulty or something maybe, because of which whenever I'm burning something, and the source ISO is on this external 2TB hard drive, then sometimes the connection between the PC and external hard drive disconnects for a split second, and ImgBurn complains with the following error:

Cannot read from file H:\...............

Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

However, the disconnect is only for a split second, because even if I immediately click Retry, it resumes the burn .. The disconnect is only for the tiniest moment in time ..

Sometimes this gets really annoying because the error starts to appear every 1-2 minutes, and I really have to be on my computer to keep resuming the burn .. Sometimes this error comes like 15-20 times during a single burn ! :(

Is there some setting in ImgBurn through which it can automatically try to resume when such a disconnect happens ? It would save me a LOT of hassle ! Like maybe retry 5-10 times before ultimately prompting me ...

Sorry, there's no auto retry method in place when reading files from your hdd.

I know you're probably off this project now, but can it be implemented in a future release ? :)

Seems sad that such an option is missing from an otherwise awesome software !

Seems sad that such an option is missing from an otherwise awesome software !

You're only saying that because you have a faulty drive. ;)

You should actually be thankful there's even a 'Retry' option for hdd I/O at all, I could have just made the program terminate the current operation when it ran into such issues.

I expect perfect read/writes to and from a hdd... the program's focus is with optical drives so they're the devices it has error handling built in for.

Yes I could of course implement auto retries to hdd I/O but I really don't think I should have to.

My advice would be to stop using your flaky external hdd.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.