Optimise Duplicate Files for VIDEO_TS

VladD

I am posting here because I believe this is a bug (in fact a design flaw). Whenever a VIDEO_TS folder is added to the root of an ISO, the image it is recognized as a Video DVD ... that is perfect. Now one of the side effects of this recognition is that "Optimise Duplicate Files" is disabled (even if selected in "Build Settings"), and I understand this as an effect of the requirement that there should be a physical copy of every IFO file (the corresponding BUP file), so they shouldn't be optimised.

BUT ... this requirement doesn't apply to VOB files, and they should be optimised if duplicated. I'm not sure how many people are hitting this issue, but my camcorder (SONY DCR-DVD403) uses mini-DVDs and has the bad habit of creating two "views" of the same VOB, each one with its own title set. Therefore, my file list in VIDEO_TS looks like: VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.VOB, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_02_0.BUP, VTS_02_0.IFO, VTS_02_1.VOB. Other than the "official" IFO/BUP duplication, the two big VOBs (VTS_01_01 and VTS_02_01) are exactly the same file.

What I'm trying to do is simple: I want to remove all the extra stuff (pictures, etc) from my ISOs, and leave just the "movie" part, as created by the camera. But because the automatically disabled optimisation, I end up with ISOs that are almost double the size of the originals, and this defeats my purpose. I noticed that the "Optimise Duplicate Files" feature was worked on a few times and I wonder if there is any older version of ImgBurn that would behave how I expect in my usage scenario. On the other hand, if anybody knows other decent solution(s) to this, any hint would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick answer. The use of an authoring program was exactly what I wanted to avoid (it's a complex SONY logic in the two different title sets based on the same VOB and I have lots of ISOs from my past vacations to deal with).

Is the "advanced" optimisation of the VIDEO_TS achievable in the near future, or was it in any past version?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.