Region Issues After Creating ISO from VIDEO_TS

Longstone

I have Star Wars Attack of the clones on DVD I am trying to back up to ISO on my machine. I've confirmed the region setting for my DVD ROM as "1" (ASUS DRW-24B1st)

I used Pavtube DVD Ripper to "Copy Entire Disk" which plops the VIDEO_TS folder in a location I've selected. 

Once the copy is finished I use ImgBurn to create an ISO by dragging and dropping the Video_TS folder to the Source box and provide it a destination. Select the appropriate break position etc and click burn. 

The ISO is created successfully and I mount it with Virtual Clone drive. However, when I attempt to play the mounted image with Windows Media Player or Virtual Clone Drive (also confirmed the region setting after the image is mounted) I get a message when the movie is supposed to start (previews, warnings & main menu is fine) I get a message indicating the region is incorect. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm "pretty" sure ImgBurn is simply burning the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder as it should and I need to contact Pavtube support but I wanted to post here to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious. 

Log file has been attached.

Thanks in advance.

ImgBurn.log

Yeah the way Pavtube copies the disk it should strip the region information out. That's why I'm so confused. 

I tried MPC-HC and it gives the same error. "This Disc is not formatted to play in this region" when attempting to play from the mounted image using virtual clone drive.

Interestingly enough, when i pointed MPC-HC at the VIDEO_TS directory (File --> Open Directory) the content played as expected....

I'm totally lost on what could be the problem, or where the breakdown is happening. Pavtube (seems not it's playing from the Video_TS directory and as stated above the ImgBurn software shows the content is region free), ImgBurn (I wouldn't think so it's it just creating an ISO out of the image we point it at?), or Slysoft Virtual Clone drive (not sure, checked the region settting in System Information --> Device Manager --> DVD Region Tab and it shows the correct region). 

Edited by Longstone

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.