Why the malware?

WhyTheMalware

I know this post will get locked and unanswered but i thought i would give you a chance to explain to me and others that have this issue why we have to deal with malware? I accidently mis-clicked on a next tab which resulted in the Delta Search Bar being installed and now im in the process of removing it and re-adding all my chrome extensions because of this. I also need to do a full malware scan with malwarebytes now because of this which i dont think is fair to your users do you?

So why do you have software that installs malware?
Where did i download from? Oh YOUR site!

Mirror 7 - Provided by ImgBurn (Currently hosting v2.5.8.0)

All i want is an explenation on why you let such horrible software be installed on users computers, i also got something called tuneup utilities all from a mis-click.

For others that get this "crap" here is the removal instructions Thanks LighteningUK for the malware!

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-delta-search/

After reading some other posts i can see my post will defiantly be locked followed by basically a response of you dont care that you install malware on peoples machines. I guess i should always scan applications before running them even if i did "once" trust there application.

Its sad to see a good program being used for bad things but i guess there is nothing you cna do when the dev dont care, oh well...

Edited by WhyTheMalware

If you've read the other related threads then you'll know that what you get offered by the opencandy platform as part of imgburn's installation process can vary. If you accept the offers then that's out of my hands. I don't know what's offered to a specific user and play no part in the installation of accepted offers. If the uninstallation process of a given app is really that bad then I'll mention it to opencandy as that goes against their policies.

Sorry to say but you chose opencandy and its offers so the buck lands with you not them, even your installer is marked as malware because of opencandy so you are the one responsible for not fully investingating the company you chose. Anyway i un-installed the malware and your application i just wanted to see what your response was and it was "its not me! its them!" you may close thise im using alternative software and will stay away from imgburn in future.

Edited by WhyTheMalware

OK so that makes about 10-12 users who -maybe- quit using the program because they blame the author for problems that they helped to cause by just clicking away.  Wonder how the rest of the millions of users got around the opencandy 'instantly infecting everyone on the house with some kinda crap' syndrome :whatever: .... oh maybe they didn't  whine because they read and followed along while installing the program. :readbook:

I don't know, just wondering out loud. :frustrated:

I would ask if you know the difference between a mis-click and clicking away but your american and are always trigger happy so that will not work, but in laymen's terms for your small mind i read every page and then accidentally clicked on one not seeing what it said this is a mis-click.

As for the millions of downloads you have mentioned in two threads now, the majority of them were before the malware installs, im betting the download rate has actually slowed down since the malware has appeared but this is something that the admin is not bothered about as long as he gets some money from opencandy the company that he claims is the cultprit of the malware but says is not his fault even though he approved them (he's obviously not too smart).

Now i'll leave these forums because its pointless arguing with an admin that does not care about anything other than money from a malware installing company and an idiotic american who still dresses up in his mothers underwear, yes i found the pictures on the net they were not hidden well try again.  :whatever:  :whatever:  :whatever:

Well, the millions of downloads that I mentioned are for the current version there were no additions to the loader after it was released.  In your utopian world people may not need to make a buck or two on their program.  But in the world that most of us exist in, being paid for something isn't a bad thing.  

The line about my mothers underwear was funny.

Oh well, I guess being an American is reason to be attacked by a maladjusted dipshit instead of his just admitting that he screwed the pooch with a fast click one time.  

And as for your not coming back.... it really won't be that big a deal  :horse:  asshole.

• 5 years later...

I just wanted to mention, this OpenCandy installer stuff is trash. Even if you carefully uncheck all the options, sometimes the installer will still give you some malware. I've installed the program many times on VMs, and it's got a nice variety of malware that it gives you, whether or not you agree, anything from PUPs to full on ransomware. This is no joke, there is a reason why OpenCandy itself is instantly detected by most anti-malware and is so hated by the much of the community. It's pretty infamous, and many decent pieces of software moved on to a better source of income instead of hoping their users won't fall for the social engineering tricks that plague the installer.

Of course, people want to earn money for their hard work producing software, I make software myself, but make better choices. Just because you may avoid the majority of the malware by unchecking boxes, doesn't mean the average person will. It's irresponsible, rude and you're only providing another gateway and funding for the malicious people behind the malware. If anything, just pester your users for a small donation. If you've got so many users, I'm sure plenty will be happy to donate even $1 USD, and that will add up quickly. It's far less intrusive, and will give the software a better image. I have seen people recommend software other than this simply because of your installer...

Also one of the big PUPs OpenCandy is known to install is Conduit, which is notoriously difficult to install for a PUP... Many, many unknowing users are getting stuck with software like this, as your punishment for them not being computer savvy enough.

Please consider the less knowledgeable users more.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.