Sequence of files written to a disc

laserfan

Regarding the preparation of files for burning to disc, many have warned that writing to to outside edge of a disc may be inadvisable for accurate writing/reading purposes. So advice is given to not fill discs too full for example.

I wonder if we know, or can determine after-the-fact, where files will be/are located physically on a disc? For example, if I burn a single-sided BD-25 with a Blu-ray movie program, is it correct to assume that the last of the STREAM folder contents, then the CERTIFICATE files, would be the files written to the outermost edge?

For a HDD you can use an app like Defraggler to see where files are located on a disc--as I write this I wonder if at least the Analyze function works on removeable optical media.

Well, maybe it will, but my IsoBuster says "Sector View" needs the $40 license fee. Any others come to mind? How about my other question--does your program just write files sequentially by alphabetically, as they appear when dragged into the Source window?

Edited by laserfan

Well, duh, I really have no idea how I missed this the first time-around! :doh:

Yes it's there as plain as the nose-on-my-face, and it's clear that files are written according to their filename, and that each LBA represents 2048 bytes as I might have expected.

Thanks LUK I know now what to expect when burning to disc. :shakehands:

Edited by laserfan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.