MultiLingual Problem

Burn2Img

Hi,:)

I've burnt 2 disks with ImgBurn, the content in both disks have filenames inlcluding non-english characters, they(the filename) are ok on my system(WinXP_Pro_SP2_CHS) and ImgBurn's ListView control, but the filenames in the output disks are not readable.

eg.:

Original filename:千里之外1.ac3

Output filename:??????1

Original filename:达芬奇密码cd1.MKV

Output filename:??????????cd

My burning option:

File System: ISO9660+Joliet+UDF with Full ASCII enabled

I've tested Nero and it is all ok with the filenames. Is that means ImgBurn does not support Non-Eng Characters

Thanks for all your best work!

Correct, ImgBurn is NOT a unicode enabled program.

If your language settings are such that multibyte characters/letters are used, ImgBurn probably won't work.

what a pity...........

just a feature request, whether/when will ImgBurn add support for multibyte characters?

Thx for your rapid reply and sorry for my liberty

Just to let you know, I've had a quick go at making Build mode work with unicode (as that's where it's most important).

As it was my most recent bit of coding, I'd already taken to using WideString (rather than AnsiString) for all the internal code so it was just a case of getting the controls to work with unicode and then a bit of fine tuning.

I found a random unicode character using charmap and made a file with that as it's name.

I then built the image with the newly modified version and explorer seems to show the filename correctly.

I'll need to do some more testing but it's looking promising :)

Who's da man? Who's da maaan??? :D

Just to let you know, I've had a quick go at making Build mode work with unicode (as that's where it's most important).

As it was my most recent bit of coding, I'd already taken to using WideString (rather than AnsiString) for all the internal code so it was just a case of getting the controls to work with unicode and then a bit of fine tuning.

I found a random unicode character using charmap and made a file with that as it's name.

I then built the image with the newly modified version and explorer seems to show the filename correctly.

I'll need to do some more testing but it's looking promising :)

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.