DVD player in my van will not read media

Michael

My van's original equipment DVD player will not read the DVD's I have burned with IMGburn. Every other DVD player I have in my house or my dayghter's house reads them just fine. It reads the original movies just fine. I know it is probably my media because it is not as good as Original DVDs. Could someone tell me a media that would be as good as original DVDs. Thanks.

Micheal,

Taiyo Yuden is a very good brand of media. Bit more expensive then some cheaper brands, Memorex for example, but almost guaranteed to work for you. Good speed to use them at is 4X, regardless of what your drive can do.
:D
DVD-R format seems to agree with most DVD players.

Edited by kevdriver

I agree, T-Ys are great. Also, Verbatim -R 8x burned at 4x have worked in everything I've tossed them in - PS2, home deck, PC, etc.

I've recently discovered that Sams Club carries spindles of 100 for a touch under $45, which make them under 45 cents each. Quite the bargin.

Edited by Babbit

Could someone tell me a media that would be as good as original DVDs. Thanks.

Taiyo Yudens are the best IMO. Ritek G04's and Ritek G05's are also very good. Never had a bad burn with either Riteks or Taiyos and none of them have corrupted like CMCs and Princos do.

I think more your issue is the DVD player in your Van. I burn a lot of things for folks, and some people continiously have the same problem of not being able to read the DVD's. It's odd - the cheapo $50 DVD players from Walmart seem to always work.

How old and what brand is the DVD player in your Van?

I think more your issue is the DVD player in your Van. I burn a lot of things for folks, and some people continiously have the same problem of not being able to read the DVD's. It's odd - the cheapo $50 DVD players from Walmart seem to always work.

How old and what brand is the DVD player in your Van?

It is a 2005 Mercury Monterey with a standard equipment DVD player.

Micheal,

Taiyo Yuden is a very good brand of media. Bit more expensive then some cheaper brands, Memorex for example, but almost guaranteed to work for you. Good speed to use them at is 4X, regardless of what your drive can do.

My DVD burner is a DVD+RW. Do you really think the DVD-R's work better than DVD+R's? If so I will try them. Thank You.

Micheal,

My DVD burner is a DVD+RW. Do you really think the DVD-R's work better than DVD+R's? If so I will try them. Thank You.

Make sure that your burner can burn both formats before you go and buy the DVD-R discs.

Because no all drives can burn both formats

Micheal, dirio46 is correct, better check your manual that came with the burner to see if its able to handle burning DVD-R discs. I'm using a pioneer DVDR 108 which can burn to most formats of blank media, including DVD-R's. :thumbup:

I agree with Shamus, TY's are the best standard for now. Stay away fron the Ritek 'RITEKF1' 16x though, they are as poor as the CMC crap.

Are you serious! >_<

I never really looked at the brand I bought (since I never had problem with it). I looked at the log today in ImgBurn and saw this:

I 02:01:02 Source Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)

Dang! Looks like I'll have to find a new brand...

I 02:01:02 Source Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)

Dang! Looks like I'll have to find a new brand...

:lol: someone gave me 100 or so blank CD's and when I ran them on DVDinfoPro lo and behold they were CMC's no wonder they looked so pleased giving them away :innocent:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.