Copy(image) my Win 8 on a DL DVD-R

Digital_J

OK, so they say to read the guides first before asking, well I DID and I found a guide for most of this, but it's not specific enough. The guide walks through how to write an OS to a Disc using the build mode of IMGBurn. 

The guide actually starts off with the words "This guide will take you through the steps in burning a pre-prepared Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 installation source directory to a disc."

So stupid question, am I just creating an image as usual to fulfill the "pre=prepared" part of this guide or is that referring to the fact that MIcrosoft already made the disc?

My question is "DO I need to DO anything before I follow this guide?"

I was hoping to just create a image of a DL Win 8 DVD and then write that image over to a blank DL DVD-R is that not possible? Do I really need to build a DVD via Build mode?

Edited by Digital_J

Yes, it's DL (DVD-9) discovery mode reports 2 layers. It was really messing with my head for a while cuz I thought companys like Dell and Hp and such were privy to special higher capacity single layer DVDs that were 5.22GB in size (yes, I went a little on the "conspiracy side" with this before realizing they don't care about the other 3+ GB of wasted space on the DL).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.