Enhanced (or CD Extras) CDs

Rich86

I am trying to create a standard CD from a bunch of mp3's, along with a 2nd session with the native mp3's, cover art, images, notes, etc.

I don't see any preprogrammed way to do this in Imgburn, so I expect my best best is to create a cue file with no gaps between songs, & write it to disc/image in SAO mode, then add the data session afterwards, then close the disc?  But the program and guides seem to suggest SAO & DAO are the same (which, of course, they are not).  I am open to experiment with any suggestions.  Many thanks for a truly superb & reliable program!

Edited by Rich86

The lack of easy multisession support means making such discs isn't exact easy. I have explained how it could be done (in theory at least) a couple of times here in the forum. Have a search and see if you can find anything. I'm mobile at the moment so it's not as easy for me to do it for you.

Maybe I am not searching correctly or not understanding what I am reading, but I am still in no mans land . . . .

As I understand an "enhanced cd", I need to:

1.  burn whatever number of standard audio tracks in session at once (SAO) mode (to avoid 2 second gaps between tracks)

2.  close that track & session (leaving the disc open)

3.  burn the data files track as the 2nd session

4.  and then close that session & the disc.

Is that possible using imgburn?

I do not see where there is some preset way to do this, but is it possible to do it in separate user controlled steps?

Edited by Rich86

• 3 weeks later...

I just read about imgburn's ability to successfully create a multi-session image from an enhanced cd, and then burn that enhanced cd image back to disc - but I still cannot find a way to create an enhanced cd from scratch with imgburn.  Has anyone successfully done this and be willing to share the steps they followed?  I have another program that is able to create an enhanced cd, but inisists on writing the first session in TAO mode, inserting 2 second gaps between audio tracks (which isn't appropriate when songs flow directly into one another).  Many thanks.

• 5 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.