can sector viewer extract a range of sectors in raw mode.

Markp

Hi:

I've a strange problem with a DVD I burned on 2012 using Nero with an old computer. I'm using Imgburn since 2013 and I like it much better, because it is smaller and has a lot of functions.

Anyway, the DVD is a data dvd, that contains family movies in avi format (xvid). I can play the DVD on my blu-ray player with no problem, but a relative wanted a copy of the DVD, so I tried to copy it using my computer. The problem is that my computer says it's an empty DVD. I tried an external USB DVD player as well with same results.

When I try to read the DVD using the sector viewer in normal mode I get the following message "Error:  Unable to Recover TOC", but if I check the box RAW, I can read the sectors with no problem. I can read sector 16 and also the following sectors containing the directory file info in ISO and Joliet mode. Everything is there, name, date, start sector of the file, length, etc. It's in normal CDfs format, even the size of the sectors is 2048 bytes (the extra bytes read in raw mode are 00), but for some reason 2 DVD players couldn't read it in normal mode.

First I thought it could be an unfinalized DVD, so I tried to close it using Imgburn, but I get another error related again with the TOC table. So, I guess my only option to get the movies, is to read the DVD sector by sector in RAW mode and extract them to my hard drive, but I don't know how to do it in Imgburn.

Any help would be very appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Mark

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.