Do NOT buy Verbatim BD-RE's in 10 disc spindles! CMC!

dbminter

Do NOT but Verbatim BD-RE's sold in 10 disc spindles, like those found here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002FB7KT6/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are made by :horse: CMC Magentics!  Like Verbatim does with its CD-R's, they have farmed out their bulk BD-RE's to CMC, the absolutely worst, bottom of the barrel optical media manufacturer out there.  WHY Verbatim continues to damage their reputation by getting it bed with these fuckers is beyond me!  :angry:

I've been looking for over a year now for a shop that will has the good ones blue/silver packing instead of red/blue. No luck as of yet. Those red/blue ones are horrible, he'll the platinum bdre brand is better than rise cmc's

Yeah, Verbatim discontinued the blue and white one I bought before.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HHSTWW/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like the only viable option now is Memorex's Ritek brand.  However, 15 of them are selling for 100 and they're still only at best a 2nd tier product.  The PS3 does not like Ritek BD media.

I normally return CMC media whenever I get it, like the Verbatim CD-R's I got a few years ago.  However, there may not be a choice anymore.  :angry:

It's a shame Verbatim is letting their reputation go to horse shit over some profit margin.

Good to know about the difference between the blue/white and red/white labels.  I'd know what to look for now... if Verbatim hasn't totally discontinued their own brand of BD-RE's.

You know the funny thing?  My first Verbatim BD-RE DL was in a red and white labeled case.  It was made by Verbatim though according to its MID.  But, I got some Verbatim BD-RE DL's with inkjet printable services, and TDK made them!  :o

I think Verbatim may go on my shit list if this trend continues.  Used to be I could trust Verbatim for DVD-R, DVD+R DL, BD-R, and BD-RE.  Now, I know I can't trust Verbatim for BD-RE and CD-R.  I wonder how long it will take before their trusted DVD-R, DVD+R DL, and BD-R are no longer made by Verbatim and become untrusted CMC.  :unsure:

I see on Amazon.com that TDK makes a BD-RE.  I may try those out.  TDK used to make a good CD-R.  UNTIL they, too, got in bed with the whores known as CMC for their LightScribe CD-R's.  I'd have returned my TDK LightScribe CD-R's if it wouldn't have cost me more to return them than what I paid for them off of Amazon.com.

There's also Sony, but they're :horse:  I had one that died before 5 rewrites.  That needless to say went back to the store.  So, I won't try those.  There's also something called Gigablock, I think, but I doubt they're trustworthy, either.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.