"Folder Content Location" for DVD Video settings in Build Mode

fordman

What is the best (most compatible) setting for "Folder Content Location" in build mode? According to the release notes, this refers to the VIDEO_TS folder and the default is "mixed." I've noticed that pressed DVDs seem to put the VIDEO_TS content at the beginning of the disc. Also, RecordNow Deluxe 7.3 seems to do the same. Is this considered more compatible, or does it truly not matter? Just curious if there is an advantage for commercial DVDs to do this?

I'm not sure it matters to be honest.

The option is only there for people adding DVDROM content to their DVD Video disc. Otherwise it doesn't make a difference.

Thanks. I realize that it only mattered if you have data included along with the video content. My observations were based on commercial and RecordNow-recorded DVDs that included such data, including JACKET_P folders web links and bundled DVD playing software...

Edited by fordman

Sorry, I forgot to add it was mainly added for people doing DL builds whereby the location of the folders could actually have an effect on which layerbreak positions were made available to them.

A dvd player would just parse the UDF filesystem, look for the VIDEO_TS folder and then for the VIDEO_TS.IFO file. (well, going by the specs anyway!)

So it really doesn't matter where it's positioned on the disc, so long as the files within it are properly positioned. (i.e. the ordering - ifo -> vob -> bup, and the lba sector pointers / offsets etc).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.