Verify Fails But Disc PLays Fine

bluesnow

My last two Blu-ray discs that I burned failed to verify right at the beginning of the process, and my computer is unable to read the discs at all. Strangely enough they both play fine in my Blu-ray player. Since they play, should I just be satisfied with what I have or should I try again?

I'm using Taiyo Yuden 25Gig Watershield discs and an LG WH16NS40 burner and Imgburn 2.5.8.0

The log is attached.

ImgBurn.log

I'm not sure I like the idea of using a disc that the burner itself cannot read, but maybe that's something they'll fix in the next firmware release - if one ever comes out.

You should really avoid using LTH discs if possible. They aren't as good / reliable as the HTL ones.

Oh yes, I had forgotten about LTH and HTL. I have always used T. Y. Watershield DVD's and so just went with the same thing when I started doing Blu-rays. I did check first though to be sure my drive and player supported LTH and they're both supposed to. Good thought Lightning UK. Thanks for the suggestion.

• 6 months later...

Thought I would update this with what I've since learned . . .

I had read that I should burn BR discs at the minimum speed for best results so I was setting ImageBurn at 1X, although I think it defaulted to 2X because my discs are 2X/4X/6X. I also use ImageBurn for DVDs and CDs but I set it for AWS for these. One day I forgot to change the write speed back for BR and burned one at AWS (6X). Low and behold it verified. I did the next one at AWS as well and it too verified. I have since done about 35 and all have verified. I've come to the conclusion that the minimum burn speed isn't always the best idea.

I have since never had an issue with LTH discs, no coasters, no skipping, nothing but fine movies!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.