I can't believe how idiotic some things behave in Windows 8!

dbminter

Some things are so idiotic in Windows 8!

For instance, if you select multiple files, you CANNOT use CTRL plus a mouse to deselect individual files from the list!  It slightly unhighlights the item but doesn't complete deselect it.  So whatever action you perform on the other files gets performed on the file you don't want included.  This also happens if you select the Select all button.  Idiots!

Notifications don't always appear on top!  Idiots!  They appear minimized and you're only warned by a flashing window in the task bar from File Explorer.  For instance, a Permanently delete dialog might do this.  The AnyDVD window that appeared whenever a new DVD was inserted on Windows 7 doesn't open on Windows 8.

Some things are so idiotic in Windows 8!

For instance, if you select multiple files, you CANNOT use CTRL plus a mouse to deselect individual files from the list!  It slightly unhighlights the item but doesn't complete deselect it.  So whatever action you perform on the other files gets performed on the file you don't want included.  This also happens if you select the Select all button.  Idiots!

Notifications don't always appear on top!  Idiots!  They appear minimized and you're only warned by a flashing window in the task bar from File Explorer.  For instance, a Permanently delete dialog might do this.  The AnyDVD window that appeared whenever a new DVD was inserted on Windows 7 doesn't open on Windows 8.

It's Microsoft.  What did you expect? They don't give a damn about the end user experience. 

Yeah, and Microsoft STILL can't get the screen saver to work right!  :angry:  On Windows 7, it wasn't always guaranteed that your screen saver would start.  It would start but after a while, it wouldn't until Windows was restarted.  On Windows 8, it's even worse.  After working initially, now screen saver NEVER starts.  I just get that stupid screen you have to press Enter at to get to the sign in prompt!  ANOTHER stupid thing!  You HAVE to use the login prompt to access Windows.  So, Microsoft put a stupid, useless screen that you MUST press a key on to access the login prompt!  IDIOTS!

In Microsoft's defense, not that I am trying to defend them :D just being complete for the sake of the facts, the AnyDVD screen was a setting I forgot to set.  Now that it's set, its window of information displays on top.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.