DVD-ROM Setting

DVDRipper

dvd rom is the preferred setting as its more compatible with standalone players .There is a temporary setting and a permanent setting choice for the drive

I have selected under LITE-ON tab "Change For: Drive (For DVD+R Media)" and set it to DVD-ROM. Is this the permanent setting? If so, how can I change it back to the original setting of Normal(3)?

I have selected under LITE-ON tab "Change For: Drive (For DVD+R Media)" and set it to DVD-ROM. Is this the permanent setting? If so, how can I change it back to the original setting of Normal(3)?

If you change the booktype setting "Change For: Drive (For DVD+R Media)" and set it to DVD-ROM, you can change it back to Normal, it is not permanent. Normal(3) is the same thing as Normal. (I think?) ;)

Edited by dA CLOwN

Yeah, forget the Normal(3) bit, that's just there for me really. Normal is Normal!

There shouldn't really be a reason to go between bitsetting to DVDROM and not bitsetting so you should be using the permanent settings or you'll have to do it every time you burn - which is a pain in the ar....

I really see little reason not to have the drive permanently set to DVDROM. PCs can certainly read that booktype and so can standalone DVD Video players (which prefer that setting). Doesn't leave much else.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.