Need help buying new BD burner

Egozi44

Hello there

My current DVD drive is old and start to give me issues, I want to replace it with other BD drive (cheap one if possible)

I have really old ODD (LG Burner - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 ATA Device)

I want to replace it to LG BD burner but never really had BD burner before on my pc

I want one that can burn all types of DVD discs that my current drive was able to, and one that can work with another drive (I have two LG burners and I want the BD burner to be able to copy things from/to the other drive), is it standard to all burners? or it not works with BD drives to DVD drive (despite that the disc that inside is DVD)?

sorry for the noob question, as I said I never had BD burner before, never needed one

can you also suggest me one? I'd like to stay with LG if possible

Thanks!

Edited by Egozi44

Simply sticking with the last model won't answer my questions ;)

I said that I would like to stay with LG if possible, you don't must to recommend only LGs

the reviews also not going to answer all of my questions

can you please answer them? : 0

Edited by Egozi44

What have you actually asked?

If a BD writer can be used as a source drive to 'copy' a DVD to blank disc in a DVD writer? The answer is 'yes'. They can read (and write) DVDs too, so that isn't a problem. You can't copy on-the-fly with ImgBurn though so your question isn't really relevant on this forum.

What did you meant by "you can't copy on-the-fly with ImgBurn" ?

You meant to this copy paste to DVD with the right mouse?  never do it, always use Nero or ImgBurn for burning

Does most standard BD burners can still burn and read CDs as well? or they start to get rid of CD support?

The models that you recommend are in your reviews correct? there's one that you mostly recommend that have all of these feature I pointed? (Read write BD/DVDs/CDs, can work with another drive even if it not drive that support BDs as long as it can burn DVDs and CDs?) 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.