dvd +rw's becoming locked

crent

Okay folks i have this strange problem here. i normaly use dvd+rw's to burn anime and tv show's onto to watch on something larger than a monitor.

lately, i have this problem that I can only burn a dvd+rw ONCE! and then cant do anything with it....(format it, erase it anything excpet throw it out)

i've tried using imgburn 2.1, dvdd 3.5.40 and nero 6 and nero 7..

i've got two dvd drives a px 716a and an old lg gsa 4160b, both with latest firmware.

any ideas to help me would be appreicated..

btw love imgburn keep up the good work

okay here are some screen shots

found out that formatting the disk without burning stuff to burn locks the disk as well ... :'( :'( :'(

post-4366-1160219531_thumb.jpg

this is a disk inserted into the drive

post-4366-1160219637_thumb.jpg

this after being used once...

i've left changing the booktype alone as my stane alone plays anything...

any ideas??

okay fuel for ideas, I'm beginning to think its the way Imgburn deals with formatting dvd+rw's

Or the way my Plextor formats them

this is the same dvd in the same drive, using imgburn and dvdd

post-4366-1160245102_thumb.jpg

post-4366-1160245149_thumb.jpg

Edited by crent

The format command is in the specs and ImgBurn uses it.

I've never seen a sony dye dvd+rw, but I've successfully used Verbatim and Ricoh in a Plextor 716 drive.

Maybe the drive just doesn't fully support the sony ones.... that or some other program is reporting false info to ImgBurn - hence the 'Erasable: No' bit.

The format command is in the specs and ImgBurn uses it.

I've never seen a sony dye dvd+rw, but I've successfully used Verbatim and Ricoh in a Plextor 716 drive.

Maybe the drive just doesn't fully support the sony ones.... that or some other program is reporting false info to ImgBurn - hence the 'Erasable: No' bit.

i had other ones b4 this and wrote on them 100's of times before this came up, and so i picked some up at a bargin store figuring that the media had gone bad over time and writes. i at least figured that i could get a couple of writes out of them b4 anything went wrong but when i got the same results with different media..

i just removed my plextools and reinstalled it in cause it had become corrupted, that the only thing i can think of right now

any idea how to go about finding out if i have any other conflicting software installed??

Edited by crent

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.