Error due to missing video_ts.ifo file

jkscherk

Several of the VIDEO_TS folders for DVD do not contain the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, but they do contain VTS_01_0.IFO file for example. When that happens I get an error message.

Here's the error message:

Fix VTS sectors failed!

Reason: Could not find VIDEO_TS.IFO file.

Do you want to continue anyway?

What should I do at this point?

Several of the VIDEO_TS folders for DVD do not contain the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, but they do contain VTS_01_0.IFO file for example. When that happens I get an error message.

Here's the error message:

Fix VTS sectors failed!

Reason: Could not find VIDEO_TS.IFO file.

Do you want to continue anyway?

What should I do at this point?

This is probably because the DVD in question did not have a menu, but merely began playing when inserted into the DVD player.

The good news is that you can build replacement files with IFOEdit (http://www.ifoedit.com).

Run IfoEdit and then click on the "Create IFOs" button at the bottom. Try the different options. I've used the "Create 1 PGC Only" and "Create Chapter for each Cell" options normally, though the latter may give you a LOT of chapter points. However, you could remove the ones you don't need in PGCEdit...

Good Luck,

fordman

All DVDs are required to have VIDEO_TS.IFO to be in specification. ImgBurn is flagging an error in your project structure, that's all. When asked if you wanna continue, say NO (unless you want a new coaster).

Regards

It's impossible to play as there is no first play PGC (autostart) and no way to jump to a titleset. You could play it on a software player by selecting a VOB directly (and then the next one and the next etc).

Regards

True borax. But even so, if a file is missing, the sectors in the BUP are all screwed up. The player only reads sectors - it is truly dumb. So if a file is missing it can not go to the right place on the disk.

Regards

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.