Connect Filters(source,sample grabber) Failed

David Zhu

Hello :)   :)

Here is my problem: I want to create a CUE file from multiple wave files, I have 13 separate  wave files, I drug them to the CUE creator window, 10 of them is no problem, but 3 wave files show erro.

The error says "Connect Filters(source,sample grabber) Failed, and can't find directshow filters to generate connection."     "acmFormatSugest Failed, ACM- Not possible"

I checked my wave files, The files with problem are all 2116kbps,over 50MB, while others without problem are 1411kbps,under 50MB", I know they are better quality, and  Ireally want to use these waves files to burn a CD with CD-TEXT.

I checked the forum and downloaded CoreWavPack1.2.0(x64) , I installed the latest foobar2000.

I tried many times but just cant fix the problem.

My computer is windows7 and X64

Help me~~ :shakehands:

post-54346-0-25656600-1422546252_thumb.jpg

post-54346-0-04180200-1422546254_thumb.jpg

post-54346-0-84003400-1422546291_thumb.png

CD-DA is a specific format... 44kHz, 16 bit, stereo. Anything that isn't already in that format will get converted to it. If no conversion is possible (due to lack of filters etc), you get the error you're getting.

So I'm afraid you'll have to convert your high quality wav files yourself in a sound editing program and then add the new ones to the disc.

Thanks a lot!!  :D :D

I converted my APE file into 16bit wave, then it worked.  it seems my former convert was over 16bit, this should be Hi-resolution music. And it seems my computer have no filters can treat these Hi-resolution music source , Do you have some recommendation ? 

Here  is another question. I successfully made CUE which including track names, I burned cd by it, but the cd shows no track names, at first I thought it was chinese characters may be not recognisable, then I tried another songs(all english), made cue, burn, but the same result, It doesn't show any CD-Text.

I checked my device capacities, of course It shows it is capable of CD-Text. 

post-54346-0-75068200-1422595114_thumb.png

TITLE "The best of 1980's"

PERFORMER "various artist"

FILE "Jan Hammer - Crockett's Theme.wav" WAVE

TRACK 01 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:02:00

TITLE "Jan Hammer - Crockett's Theme"

INDEX 01 00:00:00

FILE "The Outfield - Your Love.wav" WAVE

TRACK 02 AUDIO

TITLE "The Outfield - Your Love"

FILE "Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died in Your Arms.wav" WAVE

TRACK 03 AUDIO

TITLE "Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died in Your Arms"

FILE "Electric Light Orchestra - Four Little Diamonds.wav" WAVE

TRACK 04 AUDIO

TITLE "Four Little Diamonds"

PERFORMER "Electric Light Orchestra"

Hi !! :)

I read another topics on this forum, and figured out this problem. on windows Media Player, I need to download WMPCDtext, I installed it and it really worked!! 

As you say, Some audio player can read CD-Text, but not every of them. And you said that, Windows media player use online data base, at first I didn't believe, but When I use Imgburn to "view media information" I found all the official CDs have no CD-TEXT, instead, they have ISRC(international standard recording code). I remember, when I first put an official CD in to my driver, It show no track information, but after few seconds, It showed up. And now I found what you say is really true.

Now, I downloaded WMPCdtext, in my windows media player, it show track information perfectly.

By the way, Is there no way to write ISRC on home made CD, right?   :D:D

Any way thank you  :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.