Format context menu command missing

dbminter

I've got an odd issue.

I've got 2 Blu-Ray writers in my system, an LG and a Pioneer.  With the Pioneer, I have a Format command in the context menu when I right click on the drive in File Explorer.  With the LG, I don't have a Format command.  I know my LG writes DVD+RW and DVD+R DL, so I would guess that since it reads Blu-Ray and writes those 2 DVD formats, it should be a Blu-Ray writer.  :unsure:

Any comments?

However, the format failed in the LG!  :angry:  File Explorer returned the helpful message that it could not complete the format.  REALLY useful!  :horse:

Yet another reason to add LG to my shit list.  Both LG's I've had read super slow, doesn't properly write to DVD+RW, and this LG doesn't properly format Live File System for BD-R.

Well, the LG will write directories to Live System discs formatted in my Pioneer but that's it.  When trying to copy files to the LG that was formatted in the Pioneer, it returns the idiotic message that the file cannot be copied because it's been modified.

I'm seriously thinking of Asus for my next Blu-Ray.  Definitely no more LG's, even though they're all you can find in brick and mortar stores.  I may try a different Pioneer and see if it repeats its failure to write to inkjet DVD+R DL's that it writes fine for branded DVD+R DL's with the same MID and speed.  My Pioneer would be perfect and a definite must get again if it properly wrote to inkjet DVD+R DL's.

Why can't these idiots make things that don't do idiotic things?!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.