How to Create an .iso from a dual layer BD-R? (+ an I/O issue)

ckelly33

For the last several years I have used the media from our camcorder and created 'family video discs' using either Premiere Elements or (more recently) PowerDirector.  I've always made a second copy (using ImgBurn) and kept the second off-site "just in case".  Recently I've become concerned that with time the homemade discs may fail so I decided to create an .iso of every disc I have made and store it away as well.  A few of my more recent discs are larger and I used BD-R's that are dual layered (50 GB) and ImgBurn won't even attempt to do them using the 'Create image from disc' mode.

Is there a solution to getting an .iso from DL discs using ImgBurn?

I've also tried two SlySoft solutions that I already own (AnyDVD HD & CloneBD) and they fail as well but the disc DOES play.

Edited by ckelly33

While I am asking questions....why (on NON-DL BD-R's) do I get an 'incompatible medium' read error though I am 50+% or more of the way complete ?

I/O Error!

Device [1:2:0] hp BD-RE BH20L B57A (F:) (ATAPI)

SciStatus: 0x02

Interpretation:  Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 33 93 60 00 00 01 00

Interpretation Read (10) - Sector 3380064

Sense Area: 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 00 00

SK Interpretation:  Not Ready

ASC/ASCQ Interpretation:  Incompatible Medium Installed

LOG FILE ATTACHED BUT IT IS FULL OF VARIOUS ERRORS I HAVE BEEN GETTING OVER THE LAST DAY OR TWO.  THE ABOVE ERROR IS THE LATEST IN THE LOG

ImgBurn.log

Edited by ckelly33

The disc appears to be unreadable.

That isn't an error code your drive should really be reporting though, maybe another bit of software is messing with the return codes or the firmware is just buggy.

I see AnyDVD is mentioned in the log file... you have done what it says and disabled it yeah?

Yes, it doesn't make any difference with these particular discs.  Didn't think about it on this particular attempt.

Used another computer and it worked on most of the discs I was having trouble with.  Laser issue maybe?

Now the only ones I am left with are DL BD-R's.  When I try to use ImgBurn, I get a multi-track error.  I am directed to use 'Build Mode' but I cannot find how to use Build Mode to create a backup from a BD disc.  When i try to add the folder, it just doesn't appear.  Can you provide a link for this?  I've had no luck searching

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.