Merging MP3's?

dbminter

Is there a software that can rip multiple CD tracks to one big MP3?

MusicMatch Jukebox used to do this, but that software would no longer run on Windows starting with Windows Vista.

Barring that, is there any way to merge multiple MP3's into one MP3?  Roxio's Sound Editor can do it but it adds a pop/skip where the tracks are merged.  It will do in a pinch, but it's not a desired solution.

Thanks!

I'm afraid that still won't be ideal for what I want.  I only want a few selected tracks from a CD.  What you describe sounds like it reads the entire CD to a WAV file.  I'd have to edit the WAV to remove what I don't want and editing WAV is a pain in the ass!  :lol:

That's my fault.  I don't think I specified selected tracks.  I just used the phrase multiple tracks.

Looks like I've found something called WaveCat that will join multiple WAV files together.  I can try ripping to MP3, converting the MP3's to WAV, merging the WAV's into 1 WAV, and then converting that WAV back to MP3.

Discovered a few time savers.  Found that Windows Media Player has a lossless WAV option for ripping.  So, no need to rip to MP3, convert MP3 to WAV, then convert merged WAV to MP3.  I can just rip to WAV, merge the WAVs into one WAV, then convert the merged WAV to MP3.

Typical screwed up Apple program!  Not only do you have to jump through hoops to get Join tracks to work it only works once!  :o  After you perform the task, the option to Join tracks disappears from its menu location!  Idiots!  :angry:

I'll keep it in mind but I managed to make due with iTunes.  I just restored an image taken before installing iTunes and tried it again.  This time, it ripped multiple MP3's by combining source tracks.  I've no idea why it messed up before.  :rolleyes:

And, of course, I plan on restoring this image again after I'm done with iTunes!  :wink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.