Audio CD create image file misread

Polda18

I tried to make image file of audio CD friend gave me, but I can't play the image file eighter with Windows Media Player and VLC player. So I tried to verify the image against original disk and there were number of mismatches, which makes the image unable to read. However when reading, it says operation successful at end. Is there someone who ever made really successful image of audio CD? How? I made image file for DVD video disk, but never was reading disks to backup them to image with ImgBurn - I am pretty novice to that.

In attachment there is a log file from today tryout...

ImgBurn.log

If they're audio tracks, I don't even think it's possible for it to be 'unreadable'.

As media player can't play images, how exactly are you attempting to play it?

You'd need to mount the CUE file in a virtual drive program and then play the virtual disc in the virtual drive.

That's strange. I tried to play CUE file made for converting MP3 files with linked MP3's and it works just fine. Is that completely different compared to playing image? I don't have virtual drive, I had one so much long time ago, but it caused some troubles with system (I was on Windows XP that time ago, though). Also, when I try to open ISO image of DVD video directly in WMP and VLC, it plays it, without any troubles. Why not Audio binary image?

I've never heard of WMP playing images of any sort.

I know VLC can 'play' images containing a DVD Video structure, but as audio discs have no file system, I don't know how / if they'd work.

Disc images aren't meant for anything other than burning back to another disc, mounting in a virtual drive or as a means of backing up a disc for safe keeping on a hdd somewhere.

Install DAEMON Tools, mount the CUE and then try playing from the virtual drive. I very much doubt there's anything wrong with your image.

That was the virtual drive I had - DAEMON Tools. Will try it out then, if something changed since the las years after we changed XP to Win 7.

EDIT: Seems to work just perfect. Thank you. I never though that trying to playin audio cd image directly can cause it won't work...

Edited by Polda18

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.