We used to play chicken......

lfcrule1972

as kids we used to go out by LaGaudia airport in NY and lie on a hill that was close to the landing path of incoming flights and they were no more than 50 -100 feet off the hill before touchdown the earth moved the noise was incredible, they finally fenced off that section and you couldn't do it any more :(

as kids we used to go out by LaGaudia airport in NY and lie on a hill that was close to the landing path of incoming flights and they were no more than 50 -100 feet off the hill before touchdown the earth moved the noise was incredible, they finally fenced off that section and you couldn't do it any more :(

my father would take us to Newark airport when we were young, there was a bridge at the end of a runway the planes would take off and be about 75 feet above us.

talk about loud! :w00t:

:thumbup: its really an adrenaline rush the only thing crazier was when I was in the Air Force and the war planes would be out at the firing range and come back with what they called hung ordinance ,it was a situation where a plane would try to fire its rockets and one or more wouldn't leave the aircraft, they would land not knowing whether the impact from touchdown the rocket might come loose and go screaming down the runway ,foam emergency vehicles and a landing site made for just such an occasion it happened a couple of times I know of

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.