If only imageburn has a direct write to dvd from vob files

JRU

Hi,

If i want to play a movie in old dvd player thro tv , i have to use one converter to exactly convert one video, one language audio and subtitle if possible to dvd format. There are free converters for these. But most of them, except few convert this to vob files as dvd format. Again this has to be converted to old dvd format, like audio ts, video ts . if i directly write vob with imgburn, then this is not playing in the dvd. I learnt this behavious is due to absence of exact dvd format like video ts folder containing various files to this folder, like ifo, bup etc.

if imgburn could write, this in second step as writing software by changing some tabs preferences, this would be a boon.

These converters free does not allow you to convert full percentage. They want money. Free programs do not have this dvd format, but vob format.

Can i directly write vob files using imagebutn

Yeah, if you're using something that converts to VOB and IFO format, all you have to do is use Build mode, create a VIDEO_TS folder in the root directory, copy all the VOB, IFO, and BUP files your convertor software created into this folder, and let ImgBurn choose the necessary default formats for DVD Video.

I use ConvertXToDVD.  It creates everything necessary in a VIDEO_TS and I just add that folder to a Build job.  Works all the time.

@ dbminter

You don't even need to create the VIDEO_TS folder if you have all the correct files. You only need the ifo bup vob files and just add them to project and the program will detect the files and prepare the correct folders for a compliant Video DVD. 

@ JRU

Use what cornholio7 recommends or try DVDStyler that's also free.

I didn't know that.  I always had a VIDEO_TS folder created by ConvertXToDVD for me where it placed the VOB files.  I just drag and drop the folder.  :)  I didn't know ImgBurn would automatically create the VIDEO_TS folder structure just from the VOB and IFO file combination.  I knew it would set the recommended settings based on adding a VIDEO_TS folder.

It also create the AUDIO_TS folder to comply the original standard of folders structure. The new players don't care about this but some older players choke on discs that only contain VIDEO_TS folder.

I decided to try out DVDFlick.  Wow it seems to be slow.  :)  I tested a less than 25 minute file with it.   It's been 25 minutes now and it's only at 5% into encoding the audio file.  ConvertXToDVD does it in like 10 minutes total.  Of course, the downside to ConvertXToDVD is it's always loaded with bugs and the programmers are regressing old and new bugs back into the software all the time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.