double-quoatation marks in track title

gdm

I am using ImgBurn to write audio CDs, and to include the track information on the disc.

When creating the CUE file, I choose "Tag" for each track so that it will gather Performer and

Title information from the included audio tracks.

I have just discovered that if there are any double-quotation marks (such as The "5" Royales)

in either the Performer or Title information, it does not correctly write that information onto the

disc.  I have looked at the CUE file with a text editor and I see that this information is enclosed

in double-quotes by ImgBurn, so when it finds a double-quote in the text, it interprets the first

such instance as the end of the quote and moves on to the next line.

Hard to explain, but in a CUE file an embedded double-quote in a Performer name will appear

like this:

"The "5" Royales"

Then when this is written to the disc, it comes out as:

The

How can I preserve those double-quote characters? I can edit the CUE file and replace them

with single-quotes, but that's giving up.  I tried preceding the double-quote characters with a

backslash (to indicate a "special character") but that doesn't work.  Any other ways?

(I have not included a copy of the log because there's nothing there to indicate a failure --

the disc burned just fine except for the text problem.)

I've looked into the function (not my own) called to extract the quoted string and it looks like you could work around it by removing the outermost pair of quotes.

If it doesn't detect a quote at the start of the string, it's classed as a non quoted string and is then left alone.

So...

PERFORMER "The "5" Royales"

would become

PERFORMER The "5" Royales

Note, this is untested.

• 5 years later...
On 7/8/2015 at 1:14 AM, LIGHTNING UK! said:

I've looked into the function (not my own) called to extract the quoted string and it looks like you could work around it by removing the outermost pair of quotes.

If it doesn't detect a quote at the start of the string, it's classed as a non quoted string and is then left alone.

So...

PERFORMER "The "5" Royales"

would become

PERFORMER The "5" Royales

Note, this is untested.

I can confirm that this trick works.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.