Norton will not let me install ImgBurn

saad

As soon as I download the installation file, Norton removes it reporting that it has some virus. I see someone has reported this to Norton in their forums (https://community.norton.com/en/forums/norton-will-not-let-me-install-imgburn-no-matter-what-i-do), but it looks like they don't want to do anything about it. Is it possible that you can talk to them and have them fix this issue?

There should always be a way for people to (relatively easily) exclude files or totally disable protection for a defined period of time.

I know that's what I do when I need to run something that my AV is unhappy with.

As they're deleting anything that uses opencandy platform (not specific to ImgBurn), it's opencandy that need to sort things out with them really.

I don't understand why they auto delete something (ImgBurn setup) that uses something (opencandy platform) that can offer a 'potentially' unwanted program. It's like deleting all websites that use Google Adsense. Goodbye half of the internet! Surely they could devise a better way of dealing with it?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.