How to include PARENT folder in files/folders?

sbailey

When copying files/folders as data (not an ISO), in ImgBurn I select a folder that has 3 sub-folders.

Afterwards, the burned CDROM ONLY shows the 3 sub folders, not the PARENT folder.

HOW DO YOU INCLUDE THE PARENT FOLDER  WITH ITS SUB-FOLDERS?

Does it have to do with the Options / Recursive Subdirectories? I've wasted several good disks burning with Recursive Subdirectories checked and also trying it NOT checked.

When Recursive Subdirectories is checked, the burned CDROM does not include the Parent Foplder which I selected for burning in ImgBurn. Instead it ignores the parent folder and only includes the inner child folders.    However, in ImgBurn "Mode/Standatd Input" I told it to include the PARENT folder.

When Recursive Subdirectories is  NOT checked, then the burned CDROM shows the names of all the higher level folders ABOVE the parent directory, with its 3 INNER folders.

HOW can I burn a CDROM with ONLY a PARENT FOLDER and its 3 subfolders? 

I Need this to hand to a webmaster.

HOW CAN THIS BE DONE?

(Environment = ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 on Windows 7 Professional SP1 on my personal laptop computer.)

Edited by sbailey

Recurse subdirectories doesn't do what you're saying it does.

With it enabled, it'll include sub folders of what you add (and sub folders of those folders).

Without it enabled, it won't.

It's the 'preserve full pathnames' option that makes the program include the names of parent folders, right back to the root.

Turn off the preserve one, turn on the recurse one and do as ianymaty said.

• 2 weeks later...

Answer "No" to the prompt when adding the parent folder.

ianymaty,

Would it please be possible for you to explain what you mean in some other way?

When the parent folder is added, there is no "prompt,"  folder simply appears in the source window. No pormpt appears.

As far as I can tell, the GUI does not display anything to which I can anser "no" as you instructed.

WHen I follow LIGHTNING UK! 's instrucrions to

"Turn off the preserve one, turn on the recurse one and do as ianymaty said." and select the PARENT FOLDER, the resulting burned CDROM shows only the subfolders within the parent folder, but does not show the parent folder itself.

You probably messed the Settings.

Go to Settings and make sure on Build Tab > Page 4 > Don't Prompt Root Content box isn't activated.

Or better hit the Restore Defaults at bottom left corner in Settings and don't touch anything of what you aren't sure what it does.

Default Settings works best for all users.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.